Todd Whiteside

Saturday 12/22 big bike ride?

I know the big bikes are in the minority here but if anyone (big bikes included) is interested in a dirt ride this Saturday give a shout. I'm thinking desert somewhere around Anza Borrego or Octotillo or even Superstition. There's are a few sets of tracks on dualsport-maps.com I've had my eye on but I'm open to ideas too

was just out there monday, but i had so much fun i might be inclined to go twice in one week.

I'd love to go but i can't. Have to work, and even if I didn't I'm sure the woman would have something to say about me spending another day this week with my motorcycle and not her...

was just out there monday, but i had so much fun i might be inclined to go twice in one week.

yeah I saw the write up from your ride w/ wekert and BS. I'm inspired to finally get out in that area - looked like a LOT of fun out there

I'm wondering if this group could merge with debs group hitting ocotillo the same day. I know she said "not big bike friendly" but we may be able o modify her route and still ride together for most of it. Still workin on my hall pass anyway.

You will be fine...

We have already rode some of Deb's route...

I'm wondering if this group could merge with debs group hitting ocotillo the same day. I know she said "not big bike friendly" but we may be able o modify her route and still ride together for most of it. Still workin on my hall pass anyway.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be "that" (ie. the only) guy on a big bike :coolio: I did see mention on that thread of the potential splitting into 2 groups, I'm perfectly happy following them around if there is a group on a more leisurely pace (and of course they're cool w/ it). I wouldn't mind meeting some of the folks here in person as well. Let me know how it goes with the hall pass

Todd and Group,

".about 100 mile loop through North Anza Borrego Desert State Park..highlights: Grapevine/Culp valley, Fonts point, Dirt all the way to Salton City, Coral wash/arch, lunch in salton city, Back through Tule wash/pumpkin patch, cross over trail....Buttes pass trail, Old Borrego road....About 80 percent dirt....expect some sand, deep at times, but otherwise not a tough route...<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">some of this is probably not suitable for some big bikes...but I won't claim what is / is not Big bike friendly...(gotten in trouble before for that :blink:style="border: 0px; vertical-align: middle; color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">/>)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">some of you ride anything on big bikes...others would hate the washes..."

When Deb says "some sand, deep at times" be prepared for 50% of the dirt to be deep stuff. She does not want to put people off but,,you had better have at least of knobby rear and be comfortable riding your bike at walking speed in tight deep sand. It is hard for the Ride Leaders to advise riders accurately without sounding like a Hard Character. Deb is more like a Supportive Character.

Also, be aware that Ocotillo Wells OHV is in a different location from the Town of Ocotillo near I-8. Wherever you go, you will have a great time!

If you contact Deb you may be able to meet at crossroads. Sorry to miss out.

I wouldn't mind meeting some of the folks here in person as well.

My, you ARE new here rolleyes.gif

Seriously, though- much of the course is, while certainly rideable on a big bike, it does not mean it would be enjoyable.

Thus, I'm bringing my "little" bike.

Todd and Group,

".about 100 mile loop through North Anza Borrego Desert State Park..highlights: Grapevine/Culp valley, Fonts point, Dirt all the way to Salton City, Coral wash/arch, lunch in salton city, Back through Tule wash/pumpkin patch, cross over trail....Buttes pass trail, Old Borrego road....About 80 percent dirt....expect some sand, deep at times, but otherwise not a tough route...<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">some of this is probably not suitable for some big bikes...but I won't claim what is / is not Big bike friendly...(gotten in trouble before for that :blink:style="border: 0px; vertical-align: middle; color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">/>)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">some of you ride anything on big bikes...others would hate the washes..."

When Deb says "some sand, deep at times" be prepared for 50% of the dirt to be deep stuff. She does not want to put people off but,,you had better have at least of knobby rear and be comfortable riding your bike at walking speed in tight deep sand. It is hard for the Ride Leaders to advise riders accurately without sounding like a Hard Character. Deb is more like a Supportive Character.

Also, be aware that Ocotillo Wells OHV is in a different location from the Town of Ocotillo near I-8. Wherever you go, you will have a great time!

If you contact Deb you may be able to meet at crossroads. Sorry to miss out.

Right on thanks Bagstr - that's what I figured and pretty much why I haven't looked to burden Deb's ride with a bigger bike tagging along - like I said I didn't want to be "that" guy and totally cool rolling solo. Cheers

Hey Todd I'm gonna be riding up to meet the big group at the campground. Hope to see you there, but if not, have a great ride!

nub.. if you could remember to bring those hand guard mounts that would be awesome...

nub.. if you could remember to bring those hand guard mounts that would be awesome...

Got em!

Hey Todd I'm gonna be riding up to meet the big group at the campground. Hope to see you there, but if not, have a great ride!

Sounds good nub - I'm going to try but not sure I can make it up there by 9. The tracks I have are in the neighborhood so I'll be around... Have a great ride yourself man.. Cheers