Afry

12/29 SD Backcountry Holiday DS Ride

I am out. Bike is not ready. Have fun for me.

Bummer, worked on your Hoosky tonight but it was nippy up here so I'm done for the night :)

Don't think I'll be able to make it today. My mom drank like 50 bucks in Long Island iced tea last night so my gas money for this trip is gone :(

Don't think I'll be able to make it today. My mom drank like 50 bucks in Long Island iced tea last night so my gas money for this trip is gone :(/>

Maybe your mom should come on the ride! :lol:

Just changed my rear tube, left the house and got on the road when i realised that i'd forgotten my camelback and all of my tools. No worries i said, it looks like an easy ride. Then i noticed i have no rear brake, because i threw my wheel on in a rush and the caliper just got pushed back by the rear brake disk instead of sitting neatly around it. Oops.

So i turned around, drove home carefully and i guess i'm missing todays ride, have fun out there!

It's 4:30 and it just started raining here in my backyard.

I hope the rain held off in the east county long enough for everyone to make it home dry.

Bring on the ride report and pictures.

Great ride with a great turn out. Rain started in julian with a sprinkle, and turned into showers/rain from Ramona home. 17 riders total and the herd thinned as the day went on, with about 8 or so left for the essential post ride brews. A few good spills, mostly by guys on Triumphs.

Thanks Arnie!

Great ride with a great turn out. Rain started in julian with a sprinkle, and turned into showers/rain from Ramona home. 17 riders total and the herd thinned as the day went on, with about 8 or so left for the essential post ride brews. A few good spills, mostly by guys on Triumphs.

Thanks Arnie!

Culp/Jasper can be challenging for new riders on large ADV bikes. We combined this ride with a Tiger 800XC meetup and had a few very new riders that are still getting there dirt legs. This was the most challenging ride so far for a few guys on this ride. It was cool to meet them and look forward to riding with them again and watching them progress in the sport. We have lots of skill levels and I remember my first experience on Culp/Jasper a few months after getting my first bike (BMW G650 Xcountry) and it was a bit scary. If i was on a 500lbs full adventure bike vs my 330lb Xcountry i know i would have dropped it a few times as well. I rode the desert dash in 2009 on my BMW xcountry with a couple noob friends and obviously was over my head. I grinned to see one of the sweep guys on this forum posting something about the BMW's being in rear or something. As if something could be concluded about BMW because some noobs were riding BMW's needing sweeped at the dash. Generally its a good rule to give the noobs some slack.

I saw some of you guys this morning I thing Afry was getting gas at the K and others drinking coffee . Other then a little thing like haveing to work I would of like to go . About 3:00 it started getting rather cool and by 4:00 a little rain I was hoping you made it home some what dry. But sounds like a good turn out.