Afry

12/29 SD Backcountry Holiday DS Ride

Maybe I can get Hayseed to go and take the truck trail and meet you at the bridge.

Zancat

1356072320[/url]' post='140109']

Maybe I can get Hayseed to go and take the truck trail and meet you at the bridge.

Zancat

Sounds good, how's your fuel range on the mighty 4fiddy?

Afry, I know I talked to you about this on Saturday. But should I take the big bike or the little one?

I would lean towards the big one (strom?) you have good skills and the trails are not bad at all. I just checked the lower end of Rodriguez today and the sand is hard packed from the rains. We are running down Culp/Grapevine on purpose for the big bikes so no sandy hill climbs. Fuel may be close on the Husky (85 miles) lol.

I'm on the 950 but it has a bald rear - which I think is the norm....

106 miles total with 34 miles of dirt (11 of which is Black Canyon graded dirt road).

Afry, I know I talked to you about this on Saturday. But should I take the big bike or the little one?

I would lean towards the big one (strom?) you have good skills and the trails are not bad at all. I just checked the lower end of Rodriguez today and the sand is hard packed from the rains. We are running down Culp/Grapevine on purpose for the big bikes so no sandy hill climbs. Fuel may be close on the Husky (85 miles) lol.

I'm on the 950 but it has a bald rear - which I think is the norm....

106 miles total with 34 miles of dirt (11 of which is Black Canyon graded dirt road).

I know you said you have TKC waiting to burn you want a hand changing?

Haha, yes I do but am waiting for the right ride to get the most enjoyment out of fresh meat!

so i have about 200 miles under my belt.

you guys think i can do this ride?

Did you get any more dirt time? Do they make radiator crash protectors for the DRZ400? Those might be a consideration.

I am in on this ride BTW!

Lol oops.

Yea I'm at omelette factory right now but ill probably head out after I dunno where I'll be headed. Probably the mountains

Lol oops.

Yea I'm at omelette factory right now but ill probably head out after I dunno where I'll be headed. Probably the mountains

Let me know if you want to meet someplace. I was thinking about heading down to Otay Mtn. But I am up for anything. Can't be ready until about 11am though.

Thanks for posting, I looking forward to riding with you guys. See you guys on Saturday.

My plans just changed. Ill be going to poway to a friends place.

ok

so i have about 200 miles under my belt.

you guys think i can do this ride?

The bike can do it no problem just as it is. I haven't seen you ride so I don't know but think you would be just fine. I routed this ride to be easy for big bikes so a DRZ should be no problem even with a newbie. No technical sections but a little sand at the beginning of Jasper, the end of Grapevine and beginning of Rodriguez which will be good for you to learn (short sections). I can give you some pointers before the ride - we won't leave you behind!

Weather looks good - chance of showers later in the day but we may hit some misty weather on higher elevations so dress warm - mid to low 50's for most of the ride and mid to low 40's when we pass through Julian.

Whats the expected turnout. As for LEOffensive, show up, its the only way to be a better rider!

I will have my 2meter, and can run sweep if needed to keep everyone together.

Whats the expected turnout. As for LEOffensive, show up, its the only way to be a better rider!

Hard to say but we have riders also coming from the CA Adv Rider site and Meet Up - 2 from Orange County (one on DL1000).

As for the 2m/sweep that's great may take you up on that!

Planning to regroup @ top of Black Canyon, Beginning of Culp, end of Grapevine, beginning of Rodriguez with a lunch stop at ridge on Rodriguez where it crosses the PCT.

So pack a lunch!

Hard to say but we have riders also coming from the CA Adv Rider site and Meet Up - 2 from Orange County (one on DL1000).

As for the 2m/sweep that's great may take you up on that!

Planning to regroup @ top of Black Canyon, Beginning of Culp, end of Grapevine, beginning of Rodriguez with a lunch stop at ridge on Rodriguez where it crosses the PCT.

So pack a lunch!

Its also posted on Facebook pages SocalDualSport and SocalDualSportRiders :)/>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoCalDSRiders/

https://www.facebook.com/SoCalDualSport