KTMrad

10th Annual Anza Borrego Desert Dash Dualsport Ride

MAIL IN ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED - 2/18/2013

You must now call the number on the flyer to see if you can enter, limited amount of openings left to enter the ride. Please do not show up at the ride without calling first....thanks.

Flyer is up on News/Events Page of SDAR Site....

LINK HERE

It's that time of year to start planning the 10th Annual Anza Borrego Desert Dash, February 23-24, 2013.

This year should be better than ever, gotta celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the event. Just a little history on it....10 years ago I decided to try to put on an organized event....about 56 people showed up to the one day ride.

The next year, I tried it as a 2 day ride...only about 30 people showed up. Then, we started advertising the event in the D37 AMA Dualsport Newsletter, and it grew from there. For the last few years, we have always been at maximum capacity with entries from all over, including California (a lot of D37 Los Angeles area riders), northern CA, Oregon, Washington, the east coast and even Japan. It continues to be a favorite of many riders.

This year, we will get out and change the routes around a bit, try to find some new trails to add to the ride.

Just a note...this ride would be difficult for a new, inexperienced rider.

This 2 day dualsport ride for licensed, street-legal motorcycles passes

through the vast Anza Borrego Desert State Park, Ocotillo Wells and

the Superstition Mountain Area, including many scenic canyons,

sandwashes, mud caves and spectacular vistas of the surrounding

badlands, mountains and deserts.

Ride starts & finishes at

Butterfield Ranch RV Park,

14925 Highway S2 (Great South Overland Stage Route), Julian, CA 92036

(phone 760-765-1463)

http://www.butterfieldresort.com/contact/directions

Ride INFORMATION:

Day 1 is approximately 200 miles, and Day 2 approximately 140 miles. Riders should have some desert riding

experience, there are some rocky and sandy sections on this ride. There are many pavement bailout options along

the route. MAXIMUM MILEAGE between gas stops is 95 miles.

Ride is limited to 125 riders, so please register early to guarantee your chance to ride this event. Entry includes

maps, roll-chart, GPS Tracks, a well planned route, event T-Shirt, Saturday lunch, Saturday night BBQ & Raffle

giveaways at the Clubhouse, and Sunday Lunch. Bring Gas to fill up your bikes Sunday morning. Riders need a

roll-chart holder.

On the calendar and willing to volunteer like last year. (I know this isn't the volunteer thread but I'm comfortable sweeping again).

This year I'm in! First year for me...guess I should start my exercise program on the 22?

The next year, I tried it as a 2 day ride...only about 30 people showed up.Quote

Ah yes..The 2nd Annual. Camped at Stagecoach Trails RV Resort in front of Pinion Trail. Jack and Jane Neely of Warner Springs told me about it and I should show up. I showed up with a plated CRF 450R and a 26' Tahoe Thor Toybox. Weather was rainy and cold. The Saturday night dinner was cooked by the same 2 Bros and friends we use today. It was cold,windy and rained on and off.

Me on my CRF and my buddy on his KTM and Cody coming in off of Grapevine Trail.

HondaCRF450R.jpg

I rode the dash last year for the first time after a few years of scheduling problems. My son and I both agreed we couldn't foresee ever not doing again. If I was to only get one ride in a year, it would be the dash. What an incredible ride. Can't wait.

Thanks for the announcement, Randy - had just been thinking about DD2013.

Will there be a separate volunteer posting? I'm available to sweep one or both days.

Sean

YES, there will be a separate volunteer thread. Already have people interested...you guys (and gals) are great.

Until I get a thread up for that, if you're interested in volunteering, please PM me.... I'll put the thread up soon.

Thanks !

In with Brad. Wildwood, you paying attention!

This year I'm in! First year for me...guess I should start my exercise program on the 22?

I've never done the Dash either, guess it's time.

Might check that .pdf link- LOOOONG time to download. Been 5 mins already.

The link loaded really fast for me just now.

And then for some reason, my computer got a virus that completely shut it down! I'm on a different computer right now, and will probably have to take the PC to somebody far more virus savvy than myself.

Great ride wonder if it will rain this year? I am looking forward to it.

Hope so!

All contributing SDAR members, remember you get $10 off your Desert Dash Entry.

Many people have not paid their contributing memberships for 2012, so to get the discount, you will need to be current with contributing membership for 2012 & 2013.

Filling out my entry tonight. Definitely ready for this after the thrashing I received at the hands of LABV Friday and Saturday.

Is there any particular tent camping spots at Butterfield that we should ask for so we're together as a group?

Filling out my entry tonight. Definitely ready for this after the thrashing I received at the hands of LABV Friday and Saturday.

Is there any particular tent camping spots at Butterfield that we should ask for so we're together as a group?

We usually have a section reserved for the event.

Entry form filled out, check written and both in envelope ready for the mailbox in the morning.