Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Tenaja Truck Trail

Well, the timing and weather finally blended for a nice father - son ride. I met Dave at S. Mission and the 76 and we headed out. I put the stock 15 tooth CS sprocket and windshield back on for the 60 miles of slab to the meeting point. It made for a more "relaxed" cruise. I tossed one of These Things on which worked perfectly. I got the black plastic one and it's easy to set. Enough resistance to hold the throttle but easily overcome when you want.

Dave's DR650 waiting for the day.

PICT0003_zps4f08448e.jpg

His idiot father arriving.

PICT0005_zpsd6b112f7.jpg

PICT0004_zps420d2a97.jpg

More miles of tree covered back roads than I can remember.

DSCN0091_zps15a15814.jpg

Every time I looked behind me.....there was this guy.

DSCN0092_zps9c42e5aa.jpg

"County maintained road ends in 100 feet"

DSCN0093_zps2f00f6e3.jpg

DSCN0094_zps935dee5a.jpg

DSCN0095_zpse44f7d00.jpg

Random scenery...

DSCN0096_zps50910fd2.jpg

DSCN0097_zpseb4fc831.jpg

DSCN0098_zps5fdf199f.jpg

Dave working his way up the TT.

DSCN0099_zps0dc5a774.jpg

DSCN0101_zps555f0cea.jpg

DSCN0102_zps755ca3a6.jpg

A look down onto Wildomar OHV

DSCN0103_zps4a81ba16.jpg

We were there....

PICT0011_zps1438f2af.jpg

PICT0012_zps35205cc9.jpg

Dave's POV - Lake Elsinore

PICT0014_zpsa5810749.jpg

My POV - Basically both point & shoots....hmmmmm

DSCN0105_zps93883ea1.jpg

My stats. - about 30 less for Dave since he started in Carlsbad - either way, we were both well worn.

DSCN0108_zps596e9340.jpg

After popping out onto Hwy 74, we looked across to see another DR - all white - appeared basically stock. Anyone here?

We avoided the writeacheckbeabiker hang out that is Hell's Kitchen and turned right. Had a good burger at the corner of Ortega Hwy and Grand Ave in Lake Elsinore. Took back roads all the way to our starting point. I thought I'd never say this, but I was tired of corners by the time we got back. I actually looked forward to the 50 plus miles of slab with the "cruise control" on.

This Section was extremely steep for a paved road with "Trucks Take Alternate Route" signs and "Use Low Gear" warnings posted. Dave experimented with the clutch in and said he felt like he went into a free fall. One sharp, steep, off camber, reducing radius corner was a little puckering. Just kept playing "lean, steady throttle and don't brake" in my head.

The Loop Tenaja TT is big bike friendly and we rode right past all the illegally posted no trespassing signs.

Great day and always good to get out with my son.

Looks like a great ride. I rode up there a little bit last year on my 250.

What do you mean by illegally posted no trespassing signs? Can some of these be ignored and what is the criteria for this?

Ahh, in my "backyard." Nice loop.

The cruise control you mentioned is a pretty cool setup. Works like my Vista Cruise (http://www.fjr1300.info/mods/vcc.html), but can be swapped from one bike to another. Nice invention!

Kris - I don't know what the criteria is but it's common for those who live in the remote areas to post up to keep traffic down. We stayed on the main, well traveled, mostly maintained road. I'll respect the signs obviously going onto private property or driveways but this has been well publicized as illegally posted.

tsr - yeah, same kind of function but easy on/.off. It takes a small amount of room on the grip but I just took it off except for the superslab portion which is nice.

tsr - yeah, same kind of function but easy on/.off. It takes a small amount of room on the grip but I just took it off except for the superslab portion which is nice.

Looked good enough that I just bought one. ;)

Nice day! Did you put a new shield on there?

Rgr that Ken. I am generally of the opinion that if it is on a map and is a named and maintained road then I should be allowed to traverse it. I have been unsure and turned around at some points in the past while out exploring.

Let me know the next time you go riding up this way and need a tag-along.

Kris - will do. Don't hesitate to post up one yourself and I'll do my best to make it up there. The shopping center at S. Mission & 76 is a good staging area and there is enough parking for those who want to truck in if needed.

Afry - The Cee Bailey's Sport goes off & on as needed. I'll leave it on for now. It takes all the wind off the chest and puts clean air about neck up on me. It differs from some other offerings as it has the nice relief built into it which eliminates the turbulence. I also put 1/4 - 1/2 inch spacers under it to help. Works well.

I made this high tech support to help with the flex on the headlight surround. There's not a lot but it pretty much eliminates it.

CIMG2060.jpg

NIce ride Ken. Damn you came all the way up here? Like going to Canada from your neck ;-) I have a throttle lock and at first I didn't like it but now, I pray I didn't forget it!

Looks like a great ride. I rode up there a little bit last year on my 250.

What do you mean by illegally posted no trespassing signs? Can some of these be ignored and what is the criteria for this?

I attached the signs in question. There are no signs when you come from the other side.

post-15052-091216100 1348805606_thumb.jp