captcham

Agua Caliente Poker Run Nov. 9-12th

Yes. He'd stay with me. Just not sure how to get his bike there. I only have a single JoeHauler...

ron, you are welcome to borrow my open trailer, 6 x 12, can carry 3 bikes easily....could get it to you before that , give me a call if you want it....deb

I'd offer to take his bike, but with me, bike, 3 dogs and all gear, the tacoma will be packed and towing aliner besides....I really do need a bigger truck....

Maybe you need a good Adventure Bike with large tank that can take you,,,,,,,Anywhere

As luck would have it, I have a bike that fits that description :rolleyes::lol: ......it's currently sitting on a stand in my garage with no wheels/forks and dirty oil/filters......I have a lot of maintenace work to take care of this Sat.....fork seals have been replaced, forks and new tires are sitting in the garage......I'll get on it so I'm ready for this Sunday's ride and the Poker Run........also need to "de-spider-web" my toybox......it's been sitting unused for ~6 months.....

FYI to all, I'm thinking very seriously about selling my toybox......it's a 2005/27' front sleeper with all the std amenities......I rarely use it now that the kids are out of the house.....my local desert trips are generally one day affairs and I'm over in Bullhead City at least one weekend a month now that I have a place over there......I paid ~$25K when I purchased it new off the lot.....I'd be willing to flip it for half of that.....

OK guys, I will be there for four days and will be riding each day some. Poker Run is Saturday but there is lots of riding in the area so we can group up and do some riding on the other days. Dave is working on the tracks and we will have those for everyone to download. I have received the T-shirts from the print shop and will have a limited number available (18) for sale $18 (at no profit). I need to know who is eating dinner Saturday night so I can buy the supplies. Burgers and chips, BYOB $10 a head, and yes I will have some veggy burgers for "those" people in the group. Please post up and let me know.

Is anyone plan on bringing people that are not riding? I am thinking of bringing my daughter out.

I am also interested in paying to be a second vehicle at someones site...

My family will be there so yes there will be non riders hanging around camp, I would encourage anyone to bring there family as it very family friendly. Also there is day parking at the camp for I think five bucks which also gets you into the pools and showers.

Forks are back on the WR250R along with new rubber.....took it on a shake out ride today......all is well....

CRF230F is in good shape for Kathy if she chooses to ride......

Toybox wasn't as nasty inside as anticipated......generator started right up......we're ready

Hope to be out there around 2pm on Friday.....Ron and I will be in full hookup sites 83/84 of level two.

Reminder to all - BRING gas/wood

Roger that, dogs OK, and second on the bring gas and firewood. The little store outside the camp has very limit stores available so it's best to bring everything you will need for the weekend. Also there is a playground and separate pool for kids, so if ya got some little ones like me bring them out kids really like this place.

Roger that, dogs OK

Good deal, that will make Kathy happy since she'll likely spend most, if not all, of her time in camp and she always prefers to take the dogs when we camp...

Possible rain in the forecast will NOT make her happy so let's keep that to ourselves :unsure: (I'm overjoyed.....less dust on the trails! :coolio::good: )

Same old problem. Save as .txt to load. When downloading it won't open in Mapsource and you can't change to .gdb even when in another window.

Does this need to be hosted at another site?

Or use email.

crazy.gif

Does this need to be hosted at another site

I'd say hang it on DualSportMaps.com or just email it out......we have a pretty small group.....

the nice thing about DualSportMaps is the file is readily available to anyone in .gpx AND you can view it in Satellite mode on any computer.....no gps software needed.....

Same old problem. Save as .txt to load. When downloading it won't open in Mapsource and you can't change to .gdb even when in another window.

Does this need to be hosted at another site?

Or use email.

crazy.gif

Bagstr, you can email it to me and I'll post it onto DualSportMaps for you if you want. I'll PM you.

As I thought,,,, The Captain is in charge. He will make the move. I was checking to see if

there was a method to use here.

The only way we figured how you can attach a gps file is by attaching a zip file. Don't know if it works.

Sharing via dualsportmaps is probably the best way to go, or e-mail.

Does anyone know if they have vehicle limits that are enforced per each campsite? I will have my truck and camper, plus Jason's suburban, and Maggie is coming out Saturday night with her car. Sunday we are going hiking so I will only be riding Saturday. Sunday morning we are making chocolate chip pancakes, stop by my trailer, we will make extras. If you are lucky we will even bring the homemade ice cream to put on top. yes, my girlfriend is an amazing cook, and I am a very lucky guy...

As of now I am one for dinner and one Large t-shirt... Will advise if that changes...

I plan to head out there on Friday morning. I don't have to be back to work until Wednesday. I plan to ride Fri, Sat, Sun, & Mon... if there are still folks staying...

You will be happy to know the new Clarke Tank should be here today.

I have done the extra vehicle thing at the Park before. In the past the Ranger has been very liberal with the extra vehicles per site. I know this is a holiday weekend, so it should be packed.

I'm thinking about doing this, but don't want to camp at Ocotillo Wells. Thought about going to the dinner in the Desert with NCY there, but you all are at Agua.

I would ride out, Anyone got room for a bike and tent in their campsite in the tent camping area ?? I'd share the campsite cost.

The RV spots are not really good for a tent plus the vehicles, so I think I'd only want to camp in the tent area.

Just FYI....the place is NOT completely sold out. There is ONE RV spot left, and a few tent camping spots. If nobody replies with room in their tent camping area for me, then I may reserve a camp spot.

Im game to share costs on a tent site. Ill be truckin it most likely. My woman, my 4 legged son Puro, n I. Along with a little Ballast Point...

Since I can't get there until 8a or so on Saturday morning, and will be looking for the slooowwwer group to ride with, can someone suggest a person or spot to meet up with you? And maybe direct me to the person that will have the tracks to load on to gps? Thanks. This is my first organized ride, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Scott