captcham

Agua Caliente Poker Run Nov. 9-12th

All are welcome please see the attached PDF file for details-

Campground is close to full check with them for latest info, maybe some folks can double up if needed. Day parking is available for a fee.

Tracks are done and will be available for download at event. If you want them ahead of time e-mail me directly and I will send them to you, captcham@me.com

Poker run Nov. 9-12th

Veteran\'s Day Poker Run.pdf

So Far the "IN" Crowd,

KTMrad

Captcham- L shirt dinner

DSFox-shirt & dinner

Manic/Girly Friend- L shirt &dinner

Bagster-L shirt

Crawdaddy-XL shirt 2 for dinner

Hodnettjj-L Shirt and dinner

Scottchapin

Spank- XL shirt /dinner

Wintyfresh- XL shirt/ dinner

Gy6 .1911

Slowdown

post-2007-093699400 1351091087_thumb.jpg

A limited number of T-shirts will be for sale for $18 each

Thanks for organizing this steve.. :party: ...I'll be there...let me know if you need any help...

Supposed to be our 1st trip to Glamis Nov 8th - 12th but if anything changes I am in.

Anyone interested in sharing a spot or allowing an extra vehicle at your spot?

Hi

I'm a 49 year old fairly compitant but slow rider on a DR200. I have never been to an organized ride, just ride the trails fairly close to home. Would this be good ride for me, will there be other pokies?

Thanks

Hi

I'm a 49 year old fairly compitant but slow rider on a DR200. I have never been to an organized ride, just ride the trails fairly close to home. Would this be good ride for me, will there be other pokies?

Thanks

I think Steve is organizing a variety of rides that weekend.....some easy, some more difficult.....hardest thing on most of these trails is SAND, sometimes deep.....if your 200 can handle that, I'm sure you'll be fine....come on out...

Anybody else who is a pokie rider want to pair up for the ride? PM me.

Hi

Thanks

I think Steve is organizing a variety of rides that weekend.....some easy, some more difficult.....hardest thing on most of these trails is SAND, sometimes deep.....if your 200 can handle that, I'm sure you'll be fine....come on out...

Bagster and I will be working on the GPS tracks for this and we plan on making a shorter intermediate ride and a longer more expert ride. So riders will be able to choose which way they want to go depending on the time and skill level. Anyone with a dual sport bike and some desert riding experience should be fine, the biggest obstacle for most is the sand which just takes practice. As with any desert riding I will suggest that you try and group up or partner together so if someone needs help it will be there. If your new to the group I know you'll find people very helpful so hope to see you guys out there. Also I'm sure we will have some that only come out for the day and won't camp so there is day parking there for a fee. When we get the tracks sorted out I will add them to the original post, Cheers captcham.

I'll be doing my first organized ride with OC Duelies on the 28th. Looks like a fun ride plus they are having bikes there to test. So as long as I and my 200 are still running, I'm looking forward to joining you on the 11th. Hopefully some other pokies will be there to ride with :)I'll plan on the shorter GPS'd ride. Now I just have to figure out the Garmin 76CS GPS that arrived in the mail.

Bagster and I will be working on the GPS tracks for this and we plan on making a shorter intermediate ride and a longer more expert ride.

Are you guys planning on including a gas stop on the longer ride or is it just a long loop? I took The Smoker out with Hoss a couple of weeks ago and went almost bone dry after 83 miles spinning in the sand (including a spare liter bottle of premix)......I rolled into Borrego Springs on fumes (literally.....I had to lay the bike over on it's left side to jump gas over from the right side of the tank)........so if the longer loop is ~80+ without gas I may leave The Smoker at home and bring the WR250R.......gas availability is a non issue on that bike.....

I'm "in". Chris was kind enough to reserve me a campsite. I'm looking to invite one other guy who just took the DS plunge.

I'm "in". Chris was kind enough to reserve me a campsite. I'm looking to invite one other guy who just took the DS plunge.

Don't be calling me "kind".....I have a (bad) reputation to live down to......

Hey, I'm not sure who the "New Meat" is that you're inviting but FYI, the campground is "sold out" that weekend.....so I hope you have room in your R.V.

"Long Loop"

CD,

I am putting together a Long Loop this week. I have a bunch of Waypoints but not Tracks. The Track I will be creating is from Vallecito Wash north on Tapiado- Cut Across to Diablo- down Diablo Drop to Fish Creek, then north up-stream to Hapaha Flats, finishing at the bottom of Pinyon Drop / Heart Attack Hill. To be clear, Riders make a U-Turn at this point and Reverse direction to return. Side Tracks to include Olla and Sandstone Canyons. Upon return to Arroyo Seco del Diablo, riders make a left turn ant travel downstream on Diablo to Vallecito Wash.

This is Not for rider's first go at the Sand. You must be comfortable in the Deep Sand to have a good time. An option would be to skip Diablo Drop and continue down Arroyo Seco del Diablo from the Trapiado Cut Across and connect with Vallecito Wash to return. Fun side routes are View of the Badlands and June Washes. The choices will be clear with the color coded tracks.

If I have time, I would like to make small tracks for June Wash and View of the Badlands Wash off Vallecito Wash. I have given the Capt'n the Waypoints, but Tracks will make some folks more comfortable.

Re Gas from Aqua Caliente: If I understand Steve these tracks will all be in the south of the ABDSP, i.e. Not driving out the mouth of Fish Creek. The only fuel in the area will be at the Texaco south of the Ocotillo townsite, off I-8.. We have tracks down to Dos Cabezas etc, but that is not the long track. Mileage Agua C to Hear Attack and back could be 75 to 80 miles, especially with side trips. I will know better when tracks are made.

Maybe you need a good Adventure Bike with large tank that can take you,,,,,,,Anywhere. king.gif

B

Don't be calling me "kind".....I have a (bad) reputation to live down to......

Hey, I'm not sure who the "New Meat" is that you're inviting but FYI, the campground is "sold out" that weekend.....so I hope you have room in your R.V.

Yes. He'd stay with me. Just not sure how to get his bike there. I only have a single JoeHauler...

The date is a 4 day range...is this a 4 day event ?

The Capt'n will call the shots, but Monday is Veteran's Day, Saturday is the Poker Run. Sunday and Monday Riders have 500 miles of two track to choose from. One would guess several will choose to roll in Friday PM for a short ride and/or Camp Socializing. Friday thru Monday departure = 4 Days. Nov 9 - 12 per first post.

big_boss.gifdrinks.gif

One would guess several will choose to roll in Friday PM for a short ride and/or Camp Socializing.

I hope to be set up in camp between 2-3 on Friday .......riding by 4......drinking Bagstr's beer by 6 :coolio:

Someone said the campground is full, sold out. So no room for new people.

I'll try to ride out for a day...Mr. Bowers, you game on your new machine ? Or maybe not ready to try deep sand with it yet ?

I'll try to ride out for a day...Mr. Bowers, you game on your new machine ? Or maybe not ready to try deep sand with it yet ?

He needs to break in that new 990 on heart attack hill. The bike is far too pretty right now. Needs some "character". LOL.

He needs to break in that new 990 on heart attack hill. The bike is far too pretty right now. Needs some "character". LOL.

"He needs to break in that new 990 on heart attack hill."

302446835_D44x6-L.jpg

king.gif Those Big Bikes don't have any problem out in the Borrego

Mr. Bowers, you game on your new machine ? Or maybe not ready to try deep sand with it yet ?

Pfft.

I ain't 'fraid a no sand.

But...can't go, wife traveling.