at the request of a member-

If some people feel it should NOT have been moved... ya can't please everyone

Err I guess I missed it, Bills reroute seemed to make sense, rest of trail is great but still needs more clearing then signage to make official, great trail and very happy to have been part of the SDAR team working to open and maintain it.

Err I guess I missed it, Bills reroute seemed to make sense, rest of trail is great but still needs more clearing then signage to make official, great trail and very happy to have been part of the SDAR team working to open and maintain it.

Though it does make the trail easier, it is not our place to re-route trails.

It is our responsibility to report trail issues and keep people off the more technical trail that should not be there.

Actually, it is our job to reroute if need be, at least it's the job for those of us who have volunteered to build and maintain the trail. We just have to check with Richard Tull so he can approve our plans. B)

It is our responsibility to report trail issues and keep people off the more technical trail that should not be there.

Mimi is spot on

Nor is it your place to tell me what trails I can or can't ride

WOW, is that all it takes to get a post moved? In that case please move ALL of crusty's anti-KTM rants :torch: to the trash where they belong... That should please most of us. :lol:

As for the Ranger trail reroute it HAS BEEN approved by Richard Tull at the request of those of US that are taking the time to WORK WITH him and the Forest Service in maintaining our trails at Corral.

I asked Bob to move the thread because frankly we don't need any opposition groups getting any bright ideas. The thread is still there if you want to add something just go to the MO forum and type away. If that upsets you, go ahead and flame me, it's my fault. :baaasmiley:

I asked Bob to move the thread because frankly we don't need any opposition groups getting any bright ideas.

And I agree it was the right thing to do. I'm not blasting Bob for moving the thread. I don't think we should be discussing any of the trail reroute issues or any trail problem issues in the open public. It not only gives the opposition information they don't need but also could give those in our trail riding community ideas that they can do rerouting at their personal discretion without consulting with the proper authorities and getting approval first.

I STILL need the password to enter our hours spent working on Ranger, someone ? I figure about 10 hours were spent hiking, flagging, talking with Ranger Tull and then, of course, the actual work. I think Jerry, Mark, Ozzy and I deserve extra pay on this one because it was HOT out there on Tuesday. Ranger Trail is the result of a lot of hard work by a lot of dedicated trail riders and it still needs more work, I can think of 3 ravine crossings that need rocks in them. Thanks Bob for moving the previous post.

I STILL need the password to enter our hours spent working on Ranger, someone ? I figure about 10 hours were spent hiking, flagging, talking with Ranger Tull and then, of course, the actual work. I think Jerry, Mark, Ozzy and I deserve extra pay on this one because it was HOT out there on Tuesday. Ranger Trail is the result of a lot of hard work by a lot of dedicated trail riders and it still needs more work, I can think of 3 ravine crossings that need rocks in them. Thanks Bob for moving the previous post.

bill, check your private messages for the password.

Nor is it your place to tell me what trails I can or can't ride

Agreed but the correct signage will state that the trail is not suitable for 4x4's and ATV's and that it is a difficult trail thus should not be attempted by beginer's/novice's.

Not long after we first cut through I was riding Ranger east to west mid week alone and came up on a guy riding (stopped) going the other way about mid way through. He had stumbled on it from some tire tracks off the road and wanted to know if it got any easier as he was struggling and I said not really but going back wouldn't be really any easier. I went off, rode to the end then rode back and caught up with him in a bit of a rock garden section just as he was lifting his bike out. I rode through OK and waited to make sure he got through the last couple of tricky bits so he was safe before I went my own way, bet he told all his friends that he had rode Erzberg trail :) But reality is he should never have been there, especially on his own.

Actually, it is our job to reroute if need be, at least it's the job for those of us who have volunteered to build and maintain the trail. We just have to check with Richard Tull so he can approve our plans. B)

that is what the first part of the second sentence was.

Okay, I know it was moved to "members only", and I'm a member but I can't find the forum anywhere. Can somebody help an old "technotard" find it please?

It's in members only "open discussion"

That I know, and I've been given a link to it. But when I open SDAR to look there is no Members only to click on anywhere. I open up open discusion, there is no lead to members only

Thanks Bob for the link but if I close it down I can't get back to it

Oh wait, now when I go back to forums there it is at the bottom, but its not always there. There is nothing below "Other" at the bottom of Forums

???????????????????????

It's in members only "open discussion"

That I know, and I've been given a link to it. But when I open SDAR to look there is no Members only to click on anywhere. I open up open discusion, there is no lead to members only

Thanks Bob for the link but if I close it down I can't get back to it

???????????????????????

Check your PMs for the right Hi Sign

Also, as mentioned in the other thread, I was corrected by those who would know; "trail reroute" is not the correct term, the bypass section is a "trail improvement".

That being said, if my bike doesn't fall apart 300 feet into the trail again, I'd like to attempt it one day after some more practice at Corral.

I struggle a bit on this trail, but I like to challenge myself. I've been on every trail in Corral Canyon, and don't clear them on the first or second try all the time but I do make it.

So, that being said...it seems like some people think that riders at my skill level shouldn't ride this trail. I'm still going to challenge myself, and hopefully I'll do a bit better every time.

See ya on the trail, even if it's a double black diamond.

I have to ride the trail, since I've been helping to build it! :wacko:

But a lot of it is not my cup of tea. Maybe 25 or 30 years ago....