kkug

Camping Cot

Look what I got . I plan on doing multi week ride this summer and want to be comfy. I saw these cots but the $$$ scared me. I got a used one on ADV for $120 --new $215.

I tried it out last weekend and I love it ! probably won,t carry it on the 450 but on the big bike it is doable.

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

International Human Rights Commision says:

Unsuitable for sleeping.

I have one, bought it used from a friend for a great price.

Slept on it one night...it's good, but not ideal. I'm still looking for the perfect sleeping system for camping.

The guy running Triumph's Tiger 800 Press Release had one of those when we camped at Green Valley Falls. The journalists all got blow up mattresses. I had my self inflating pad.

He seemed to have slept more comfortably than the rest of us, but it did seem a little bulky for packing on a small bike.

Enjoy!

I use a Big Agnes Bag with the Big Agnes Air Mattress and now the cot. I don,t roll around any more because the cot cradles the bag set up.And it has a constant surface than lying on the ground.

Big Agnes sized to fit one man tent, does not move. 2" Pad is the ticket.

Seemed like a cool set up when I saw you building it last weekend...quick set up and compact for bike camping..:king:

Not sure i'd spend what they cost ?.

though I'm not a big fan of the self inflating backpacking pads....and I have a good quality one......yes, they are insulated, but not very comfortable...

The guy running Triumph's Tiger 800 Press Release had one of those when we camped at Green Valley Falls. The journalists all got blow up mattresses. I had my self inflating pad.

He seemed to have slept more comfortably than the rest of us, but it did seem a little bulky for packing on a small bike.

Enjoy!

You were at that press event Eddie? I ran into you guys on my way to work when you all stopped at the Junction in Descanso. I was riding my BMW Xcountry. Seeing all those Tigers sort of sealed the deal for me :)

Another advantage to these is that they're off the ground. Last weekend, the tent of one of hte guys I was camping with flooded during the rain. When he woke up in the morning it was 30 degrees and he had a sheet of ice on the bottom of his tent. He was perfectly dry and happy (and had no idea his tent had flooded) because he was off the ground sleeping in one of those cots.

I tried it out for a minute and it sure felt comfortable. I guess if I found one at the price you did Ken I would get one too.

Hey Randy the perfect sleeping system is a memory foam mattress in a weekend warrior, borrow my trailer sometime.