Great Brad.

I'm going to have the 950 out there, so I won't be doing the toughest trails or the new trail, but I can work on others and do a ride after we work a few hours.

Great Brad.

I'm going to have the 950 out there, so I won't be doing the toughest trails or the new trail, but I can work on others and do a ride after we work a few hours.

you can ride my 300 if you want. it needs to be used.

also, we need to get a small chainsaw to take out there if possible.

Brad, that would be great....I'll take you up on your offer of the 300....thanks !

Also, one of the guys (Wezley) who may make it said he has a chainsaw.

I'm going to try and make it out there. I can bring my dewalt sawzall, it can cut anything up to about 12" diameter. I have 2 batteries so it can cut quite a bit. What are the rules concerning cutting trees/brush to clear trails on public land? Also, is there some info I need in the members only section, I keep seeing references to that, but I don't have a password.

I'm going to try and make it out there. I can bring my dewalt sawzall, it can cut anything up to about 12" diameter. I have 2 batteries so it can cut quite a bit. What are the rules concerning cutting trees/brush to clear trails on public land? Also, is there some info I need in the members only section, I keep seeing references to that, but I don't have a password.

it is sanctioned trail work... the ranger will be there giving direction usually

contributing members can get the password to Members Only

you should have an adventure pass on your parked vehicle

I'll try to make the next Sunday trimming-

OK, I'm in for this Sunday, the 29th. See you there.

Emann, YES bring the Dewalt sawzall. I think that would be the perfect tool for the cutting we need to do. I was going to buy one the other day until I saw (no pun intended) they were $200! I was looking at a small chain saw for $109 but then would need a mount for my bike so haven't decided yet...

randy, sorry buddy but I realized there is no front wheel on my 300. My buddy has the hub and I still have to get a rim for that bike. I am putting a new rim on it before sale. the one that was on there was pretty taco'd.

if you have a ktm wheel off one of your bikes it will probably fit so that would work. Its no trouble to me if you bring a wheel over on Sat and we can put it on the bike...

OK, I'm in for this Sunday, the 29th. See you there.

Emann, YES bring the Dewalt sawzall. I think that would be the perfect tool for the cutting we need to do. I was going to buy one the other day until I saw (no pun intended) they were $200! I was looking at a small chain saw for $109 but then would need a mount for my bike so haven't decided yet...

Cool, I'll be sure to bring it. They are a little pricey, but great tools. It's like the hammer of saws, it can do anything!

Brad, that would be great....I'll take you up on your offer of the 300....thanks !

Also, one of the guys (Wezley) who may make it said he has a chainsaw.

I'll be there with 14"chainsaw,loppers,pruners and rakes

We're still going Sunday, 9am at 4 Corners Trailhead.

Doesn't matter if it's a little wet and muddy.

we won't need pruners and rakes. loppers are usually all we use but this time we will need a chainsaw for the downed trees.

I want to talk on bikeslut's comment about what goes on at maintenance day. Specifically about it being gov sanctioned and there being a ranger around supervising. Of the half a dozen or so times I've gone to help maintain the trails, there has never been a ranger on site. So we are on our own, no big brother guidance. We usually just go ride the single tracks and stop and trim any overgrown bushes in the trail. We do that for an hour or two then we spend the rest of the day riding. A few hours of trimming every few months goes a long way towards keeping the trails in usable shape. It is not slave labor and no one is standing around like a cal trans boss telling you what to do. We usually finish with BBQ and beers and sometimes a campfire back at the campground.

Randy, I have the 300 all up and running, it just needs a front wheel. Let me know if you want to mount yours up and use it. I really don't mind.

Brad, thanks for replying to Slut's comments. Yes, SDAR has free reign to work on the trails.

Brad, the only wheel that might fit is from my 640...what size rotor is on your 300 ? If I have a different size rotor, it won't work.

I have a front wheel from a 99 200 EXC, and it's the same as my 01 300 EXC, if it will fit, you are welcome to use it. I'm in your neighborhood Brad just let me know

I can't make it on Sun but Chris and I will flag a bi-pass on the west end of Ranger tomorrow. There's a manzanita limb out by Cougar Town that needs cut.

They changed axles in 03. We need an 03+ wheel. I dont know what size rotor maybe 260? Its the same as all the 125-530 bikrs have been usimg since 03.

They changed axles in 03. We need an 03+ wheel. I dont know what size rotor maybe 260? Its the same as all the 125-530 bikrs have been usimg since 03.

You can use the smaller axle in the larger forks.

Just wrap them with duct tape until they're snug.

<that's a joke- don't do it>

I can't make it on Sun but Chris and I will flag a bi-pass on the west end of Ranger tomorrow. There's a manzanita limb out by Cougar Town that needs cut.

Got sidetracked so I did not flag bi-pass.

I'll be there at 9, but on foot- no bike. I'll hike where I must like last time. Probably spend some time on trail 1- it has a downed tree in it, or it did last I rode it.

I'll be at 4 corners at 9:00 tomorrow. I'll have my bike and sawzall. Hope to see y'all then.

We're still planning on going out on May 6th, 9am at Bobcat Meadows Campground...just as you get to 4 Corners Trailhead, turn left going south on the paved road until you hit Bobcat Meadows on the left. We'll meet in the shade.

Trail 6 still needs a lot of trimming, and some other trails can use trimming also.

C'mon out and join us if you can.

Thanks !

Ozzy and I rode Ranger today and flagged the proposed bipass. I'm gonna try to get out there on Sun to do some trimming on Ranger.

I plan to be there this Sunday and want to work on Ranger too. See you guys there.