Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

THE SD Downtown Motorcycle Parking Map

Great job by this guy, laying out motorcycle parking spaces downtown. Send him a donation if you want, I sent him a donation for his work.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a fellow San Diego motorcycle rider of 20 years, all I was looking for was a map or listing of the motorcycle parking spots downtown. Five years ago, I called the City of SD, and they told me they don't record where the parking spots are located. I thought this was odd, that they would paint the stripes on the streets without writing it down. Two months ago, I called again. Same answer from the City (the City of SD parking department is copied on this email).

So, I've been at this project of recording downtown motorcycle parking for 5 years.

I've created an interactive Google map of motorcycle parking spots, and a web page. Mouse over the icons for address & number of spaces.

http://www.austin-ent.com/sdcycparking.html

I've spent 5 years, over 50 man hours, and over $200 on this task. I am not looking to make money on this, but there's a donation button on the web site, so donations are appreciated for my work. It is free for you to use, and please feel free to forward this onto anyone.

Ride safe,

Brian

2000 Yamaha Vmax

-------------------------------------------------------------------