Sign in to follow this  
tvscum

Lawson Valley to Pine Creek

Solo ride Saturday up Lawson Valley Rd. Stopped and spoke to a friendly lady on a horse who gave me directions. I took a right on Rudnick Dr., then another right on Mark Lee Dr, which leads up to Wisecarver Ln. The bottom gate was open. The upper gate at Wisecarver was locked, however...

IMAG0126.jpg

Then I took Lyons Valley Rd. to Japatul Valley Rd. all the way up to Hwy. 8. Then went old Hwy 80 and took Pine Creek Rd. Man that is a nice road! I have never ridden it before. Saw some mountain bikers and vehicles stopped. Everyone was super nice and waved. I had to turn around because it was getting dark. I'm looking forward to riding Pine Creek all the way on the hijinks ride May 5. I just registered online and am excited to be meeting some of you guys.

Pine Creek Rd photos:

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

Very nice. We were on Pine Creek on Saturday, too. Wanted to take it to Sunrise Hwy but the gates were closed - was told due to snow.

Very nice. We were on Pine Creek on Saturday, too. Wanted to take it to Sunrise Hwy but the gates were closed - was told due to snow.

I live in Pine Valley next to Pine Creek Rd yeah nice little fun road for sure!! Look forward to meeting you on the May 5th ride. Looks like we'll have some home brew around the campfire ;)

Looking forward to it! I'm a Stone brew fan and it looks like some similar product is fermenting. My wife is going to transport the camping gear down to Butterfield, so I won't be too weighted down. I'll be installing a center stand before the run, just in case. I'm also waiting for some Ventura racks. Should be fun!

My buddy borrowed my G650 Xcountry for the last ride and he just used one of my extra dry bags and put his sleeping bag in it and rented one of Butterfields little wood cabins.I think they go for 20 bucks for the night. Its more of a shed than a cabin but they do have large fulled furnished cabins but nit sure how much they are.

Cool I will check that out. My wife might be better off with that. Cheers!

I want to ride that road!!!, nice views for sure. So, usually gates are open up to Sunrise highway?.

Yup. There's a choice of dirt or street. I've done both - more on the dirt. Nice views HERE

I've seen so much by following the lead of so many here. Really added to the enjoyment of the DS experience. It's good of tvscum to take the time to post up.

Yup.

I've seen so much by following the lead of so many here. Really added to the enjoyment of the DS experience. It's good of tvscum to take the time to post up.

You are my conscience Ken. I do many rides in Southern Utah and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and don't post the rides because I don't want to publicise the areas that are already over used. Just came back yesterday from a weekend in Page and riding. But I have to admit that I enjoy other riders posts of their rides, especially the photos. Thanks for making me feel guilty. :wacko:

Kudos to Randy and SDAR.

Yup.

You are my conscience Ken. I do many rides in Southern Utah and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and don't post the rides because I don't want to publicise the areas that are already over used. Just came back yesterday from a weekend in Page and riding. But I have to admit that I enjoy other riders posts of their rides, especially the photos. Thanks for making me feel guilty. :wacko:

Kudos to Randy and SDAR.

Yeah, well the secret of Pine Creek Rd. will be out of the bag when, what?, 50 dual sporters ride on up that trail on May 5th on the Hijinks ride.

Ya hooooooooooooo, I just got Monday May 7th off work too! That means I can pound the dirt in Idyllwild on Monday before heading home. I went to boarding high school in Idyllwild 1978 to 1980. I am thinking of reliving the old trails up there (back when Southern Comfort was all the rage). Probably need an adventure pass, but I am wondering if anybody knows the status of May Valley Rd. or South Ridge Trail up to the "reflector" as possible dual sport riding roads?

I was planning on taking it off as well and camping a night at the 1000 Trails campground with my boy but hes got a baseball game :(. So i won 't be two up riding and then probably won't stay an extra night.

Yup. There's a choice of dirt or street. I've done both - more on the dirt. Nice views HERE

...thanks for the link, great pictures from you and tvscum rides. I'm new to DS and I want to learn more about this area, so if you have GPS tracks that would like to share will be great.