Bakertool13

beginner trails this week?

hey all, i am a beginner, have not ridden my bike off the pavement at all yet. Just picked up some safety gear this weekend and was wondering if anyone would be hitting some trails close to downtown sometime this week that wouldn't mind a newbie tagging along? i have a DR350, thanks for looking!

I live in Jamul

about 25 miles east of DT

if you want we can explore a little of some scenic dirt roads

theres a little of everything and plenty of noob friendly terrain to be explored

would you ride out or haul your bike?

I live in Jamul

theres a little of everything and plenty of noob friendly terrain to be explored

Great spot

never heard of the area, i would have to ride out, i dont have a truck or anything sadly haha. How much of the trip from downtown to jamul is highway? the DR isn't a huge fan of going over 70 haha.

Living downtown with no way to haul, you are going to have to put some miles on to get anywhere. Trying to stay off the freeways is all you can do.

never heard of the area, i would have to ride out, i dont have a truck or anything sadly haha. How much of the trip from downtown to jamul is highway? the DR isn't a huge fan of going over 70 haha.

it's not that far out there, just stay in right lane, around 65

not exactly "relaxing" but worth the effort..hope that helps

B)...i would like to check the Jamul back areas a little too, maybe soon?

I would be up for this as well. Too bad i didn't get a second rail for the trailer, i could pick you up on my way out. maybe i'll find another one for cheap...

But yeah, Jamul is only about 25 miles from downtown, and 94(?) is a pretty easy ride. You could take side streets all the way out there, I did it on a scooter for mods v rockers a few months ago. but i wouldn't recommend it - takes about an hour when it should only be 20 min.

Yeah im sure i will be fine, maybe ill find somebody to ride out with from downtown, i am pretty terrible with navigation haha. hopefully that won't be the case once i get that ram mount in. When would you guys want to get together and do this?

Just a suggestion - Riggerdan - since you know the trails and will most likely lead this, maybe pick a time/date that suits you this weekend.....?

My son & I are both interested since I live in RSD and want to learn more about the area.

I'd like to get the hall pass early :party:

Thx

If you do it during the week, I am game. Will ride out on the GSAdv to pick up the sweep and help with any trail side repairs...or tow bikes out if needed.

hey all, i am a beginner, have not ridden my bike off the pavement at all yet. Just picked up some safety gear this weekend and was wondering if anyone would be hitting some trails close to downtown sometime this week that wouldn't mind a newbie tagging along? i have a DR350, thanks for looking!

Please be careful...this was my first dirt ride...

Lusardi trail ride

...few extra pounds there and no haircut too...

Please be careful...this was my first dirt ride...

Lusardi trail ride

...few extra pounds there and no haircut too...

who is that young pup?? :heh:

B)

Yeah im sure i will be fine, maybe ill find somebody to ride out with from downtown, i am pretty terrible with navigation haha. hopefully that won't be the case once i get that ram mount in. When would you guys want to get together and do this?

Hiway 94 will take you right in to Jamul. Get to downtown, and take G street East to the end of the "freeway" 94 and it turns to a two lane all the way in to Jamul.

the DR350 will be fine on that freeway. If even THAT is too much freeway, take El Cajon blvd all the way out.

Did you gear your bike down? I've gone MUCH faster on my old DR350; you MAY be over-guessing how it is taxing that bike, unless it was re-geared for dirt only.

I might b if the plan is for the weekend.

And baker I could meet u up and ride out there with u I'm just not promising we find the trail head as I've been known to get lost.

I do however promise to try and crash as little as possible

I may be in for the weekend depending on P1; however I would love to get out this week maybe Thursday (but would have to move an appointment).

If somebody throws out a date, time, and location I will do my best to be there and help out the newer riders anyway I can.

....dirt roads around Jamul...easy ride... I'm in!!!, but I'm available this Friday after 11:30, I already have family plans for the weekend. :-(

....dirt roads around Jamul...easy ride... I'm in!!!, but I'm available this Friday after 11:30, I already have family plans for the weekend. :-(

+1 for friday afternoon, but i'm also free this weekend. I'm committed to going to the wild animal park on whatever day we don't go...

I will gladly Lead or Sweep Friday, anybody have GPS Tracks for the area? Not to familiar but I am more than accustomed to navigating without prior knowledge.

I live in Jamul

...are you available for a ride this Friday afternoon or do you have GPS tracks to share?.