Dakarrider

New to dualsport

Hi riders, I’m riding a 2005 BMW Dakar F650GS that I purchased 6 months ago. I try to ride at least once a week. I live in Eastlake so I’ve being riding low traffic roads and fire roads: Otay Mountain area, the Mount Laguna-Palomar down to Anza Borrego main dirt road of Corral Canyon…south-east SD county. I’m in my late 40’s, married to a wonderful wife and with three beautiful daughters, so I’m a conservative rider. I love traveling and camping and it’s something that I expect to do with new friends.

Welcome to the group, keep an eye on the 'Informal Rides' section as there are lots of rides catering to ALL levels of riding from the very new beginner to high intermediate rides.

There's a group of us doing a ride/camp trip May 5-6, you can find more information about it here: http://www.SoCalDualSport.com/

Welcome from another conservative 650 rider. DR for me and just the dirt portion of Proctor Valley away from ya.

I'm doin' my best to get in on the next bikecamp ride so maybe we'll see you on that one.

woohoo! another f650gs guy. Mine's no dakar, but it can still handle a few of the corral canyon trails - it's my skill that limits its use. If you haven't already, check out f650.com and if you every have any issues the FAQ section is indispensable. Good luck, and hope to see you on the trails.

Welcome to the forum!! Hope to see you on one of our overnighter weekend camping trips!! We are trying to plan an over nighter camping trip about every 3-4 months or so. That way riders can plan ahead and we have a good turn out. As Strega pointed out our next weekend ride is May 5th and 6th and its of course very Dakar doable for sure. Think paved twisties and lots of fire rds. The rides are of course free and we try and look out for each other. We'll be doing a couple pre scouting rides in the weekends to come to ensure all the right gates are open and the route is big bike doable. Not to say its super easy as some sections should be a little challenging but nothing like the Desert Dash.

SDAR May 5th and 6th ride thread

Thanks to all for your comments and recommendations, be sure that I will keep an eye on the forums and hope to ride you you soon.