mctrails

Corral Canyon trail work March 10 & 11, 2012

OK folks, here is a little advanced notice (for a change) to come out and do some volunteer work on our favorite trails at Corral Canyon. This will also be a great opportunity to learn more about the trails and riding area there.

I'm going to plan on both days, Saturday and Sunday, to give everyone options. Come out one day or both if you are up to it. Maybe we can campout Saturday night if anyone is up for that.

Post up if you can make it and which days work best for you and I'll post more details as the time gets closer.

Thank you for your support!

Update:

We plan to stage out of Bobcat Meadows Campground at 9 am sharp on both days, Saturday and Sunday. Plan to arrive early to have time to suit up in your riding gear or whatever and be ready to head out to the work area at 9 am.

I'm going to plan on camping Saturday night if anyone wants to join in.

See you there.

I may be able to pull this one off assuming it does not interfere with any Desert Dash repairs (hopefully none will be needed).

Camp, trail work, ride. Sounds good. I'm planning on being there

I'm gonna try to make this. I rode Ranger on Sat with 6 others on a definition run and saw the barbed wire fence. Wierd, that fence should be removed as it's a hazard.

Think I can make it out on sunday. What tools should I bring if needed? Thanks Brando!

Bumping this and reminding everyone it is next weekend.

I would like to invite everyone that volunteered for the Anza Borrego Trail Work to come out to Corral Canyon and do your work there. I really can't imagine what kind of work would need to be done on desert trails? But I can tell you there is A LOT of work that needs to be done on the trails at Corral.

You can bring a pair of trimmers or loppers if you have them. Something to trim brush with as that is the main thing we will be doing. Also bring something for lunch and we will do a pot luck thing and then ride afterwards.

Thanks again for your support and we hope to see you next weekend!

I've updated the first post with info.

Bobcat Meadows Campground be ready to head out to the trails at 9 am sharp.

What trail will you be on first?

All of Ranger (912) and 912A between 1 (901) and 4 (904).

What trail will you be on first?

All of Ranger (912) and 912A between 1 (901) and 4 (904).

Not sure I can make 9am ready to ride but will try, if not see you out there hopefully not far behind. IMO 912A between 1 (901) and 4 (904) isn't bad but between 1 (901) and 5 (905) and onto and of course Ranger needs more work, should I bring white spray paint cans to mark the rock sections?

So as a plan if Alan and early team head out south from bobcat at 9am sharp and then ride 4(904) to 912A across 1(901) and across 5 (905) to ranger (912) the rest of us laggers will catch you up somewhere along the way so you can direct us where we should go, make sense?

Alan- I'm not planning to ride. If I bring the truck, will I be able to help closer to the road? Obviously, I can hike a bit.

Alan- I'm not planning to ride. If I bring the truck, will I be able to help closer to the road? Obviously, I can hike a bit.

YES, absolutely. There are opportunities for anybody everywhere out there. Most of the trails out of Bobcat (1, 6, 9) could use some trimming. The single track (901A) out of Four Corners could use some trimming.

You can drive to trail 5 and up to where the new Ranger connection is and head out west on it. We opened it up for about 3/4 of a mile but from there on all the way back to the west end at the road needs trimmed especially in the middle sections. This is the area most needing help.

If anyone arrives late you can head out to any of the areas mentioned above and have at it. Needs to be cut back far enough for motorcycles (or ATV's if its and ATV trail 1 & 6). Anything you trim should be cut back to ground level if possible otherwise it will grow back. Focus on trimming insides of corners to allow for leaning in on motorcycles (trail 901A between 1 and 4 especially) and for sight distances.

Not going to be able to make Saturday like I originally planned(mother in law is moving and no way outta that)but hopefully be able to make it on Sunday. Noticed last 2 times out there that the connector between 1 and 4, the access has been blocked off at both ends. Whats up with that? Hopefully my son and I can make it on Sunday, or better Saturday night too. And whose ever glove that is on Ranger between 1 and 5, its still there(on the rock)

001-7-1.jpg

Still on for Saturday at 9 am at Bobcat Campground. Probably not camping. Will do Sunday too if anyone is still planning on it. Let me know if you want to do Sunday.

Guest Crusty

I have to stay home and work.

Next time.

Craig.

I invited a few others to come and join the fun saturday, Tim Dailey should be there early and a guy called Chad on 12 KTM 350 XCF-W who liked my helmet cam vid of ranger (and maybe a buddy) and wanted to ride so great opportunity to help, told them to look for Alan. I'm still planning on being there but maybe not for 9am riding so wills ee you on trails somewhere.

Was a good day. Almost all the work was done on the new trail, but a bit of trail riding turned up other areas on established trails that need trimming work. There's a spot on #4 that has become nothing more than a rabbit tunnel. I'll probably go back soon to trim up a bit. Maybe on a week day.

Was a good day. Almost all the work was done on the new trail,

Well, that and the 4 hours I put in just on the small singletrack between Bobcat Meadow and trail 6.wink.gif

Was a good day. Almost all the work was done on the new trail,

Well, that and the 4 hours I put in just on the small singletrack between Bobcat Meadow and trail 6.wink.gif

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Paul, at least we didn't run you over when we rode the nice single track trail your were working :)

And thanks Alan for setting this up, forgot to mention the extra paint you did on rocks between trails #1 and #5 was big improvement, much easier to navigate especially coming from #5 end. One area that needs clearing up is near trail #1 intersection you can easily come onto trail #1 higher up near big rock instead of across from connector to trail #4, it's OK the other way.

Would have been nice to have got more folks out there to help as there's always a lot of work to do and we are so fortunate to have a very friendly Ranger that is creating awesome new single track trails for us, hopefully he appreciates the small team that did contribute and continues to support our desires.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Paul, at least we didn't run you over when we rode the nice single track trail your were working :)

and don't think I don't appreciate that!

Did you notice the nice sight lines? I am a lopper master ninja.