mctrails

TRAIL WORKERS NEEDED @ Corral Saturday 2-18-12

Hey folks,

We need to get out to Corral Canyon OHV area on Saturday and cut in the last new section of Ranger trail. This will connect the eastern end of Ranger (912) to the newly opened western section of 912A eliminating the existing connection of 912 to trail 11. When we get this done 912 and 912A will connect together at trail 5 making a continuous trail from the west end of Ranger (crossing trails 5 and 1) all the way to trail 4.

This is an urgent request from Ranger Tull. This section was ribboned a couple of months ago but has not been fully cut in yet. Recently someone has gone in and started an unauthorized ribboning and cutting what looks like a 4 wheel trail in the same area just off trail 11. Ranger Tull removed the unauthorized ribbon and wants us to get our trail cut in so there wont be anymore ribbons in the area so he can get the unauthorized trail shut down.

We will meet at Bobcat Campground at 9 am on Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 and head out to the trail. After we get it cut in we will ride it back and forth a few times to help burn it in.

I hope to see you there! Thanks for your support!!

Sorry can't do this saturday as racing in Tecate, may be able to do sunday and monday or tuesday are fine. Or if you get it linked through saturday I will ride it and help clear on one of those days myself.

I did a bit on this connector from #5 end up to towards Ranger last week and "think" it's quite close to where I got to cutting/riding the other direction a few weeks ago.

This going to be a seriously great combinations of ST trails all the way from east to west fire roads, we are very luck to have Ranger Tull that's for sure.

I did notice the new 4x4 trail being cut off #11, I assumed it had been ribboned by Ranger Tull's team, did whoever did it seriously think nobody would notice?

I love working out there...but tough timing with the holiday weekend....I have company visiting from out of state....sorry I can't make it...

ill come help even though i dont have a toy to play with after.

just give me info on where to meet and if i need tools.

You know I would love to be there, but I have kid duty this weekend so I can be FREE for the Dash next weekend.

Do we need to bring tools? I have a friend asking.

My buddy Scott and I will be there.

Do we need to bring tools? I have a friend asking.

eddie bring a set of loppers for you and another for your buddy if you have them. And bungie cords work or self sticking velcro strips to attach the loppers to the bike.

How late in the day do you think this will last? I just got a phone call and have a guest coming in to town about 5...

Here are directions for those that need them:

Go east on I8 about 30 miles to Buckman Springs Road (Exit 51).  Go south on Buckman Springs Road about 3.25 miles.  You will pass Mountain Empire High School on your left and a Forest Service facility on your right.  Shortly after passing the Forest Service facility there will be a right turn with signs for Corral Canyon OHV area.  Take the right at N32 42.990 W116 30.009 (Morena Stokes Valley Rd but the sign says Corral Canyon Trail) and proceed past the military base.  Continue a couple of miles up the mountain toward the fire lookout tower.  As you reach a saddle of the mountain you will see the 4 Corners Parking area of Corral Canyon OHV Park. Go left about a mile to Bobcat Campground.

There is an easy way to get to the trail where we will be working. The trail can be challenging in areas but the work area is easy to get to. You can bring some loppers or trimmers if you have them or I will have some if you need them.

We will probably work a few hours but you can stay as long as you want.

if anyone has extra loppers or lighter fluid for the BBQ please bring them.

The weather was great - albeit much warmer than I anticipated - and we accomplished quite a bit. I am, however, WHUPPED.

Many, many THANKS go out to the crew that came out today on short notice to work the trail. We got A LOT done thanks to everyones hard work under the hot sun. In addition we did some riding, had BBQ'd sausages and other treats and enjoyed some fun and interesting conversation.

Trail workers were: Mimi, Briana, Brad, Eddie, Scot, Bill, Chris, Tom and me.

You guys and gals are AWESOME and should be proud of what you accomplished!! :thumbsup_anim:

We got a lot of work done today and got to do some good riding as well. There's now a nice long single-track, although it does still need a little more cleaning up. :rolleyes: Good job everyone!

Thanks to all of you who were able to work today....appreciate you representing SDAR with the National Forest....Great Job..

Thanks for the sausages, treats, and the laughs.

Many, many THANKS go out to the crew that came out today on short notice to work the trail. We got A LOT done thanks to everyones hard work under the hot sun. In addition we did some riding, had BBQ'd sausages and other treats and enjoyed some fun and interesting conversation.

Trail workers were: Mimi, Briana, Brad, Eddie, Scot, Bill, Chris, Tom and me.

You guys and gals are AWESOME and should be proud of what you accomplished!! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks to all of you who were able to work today....appreciate you representing SDAR with the National Forest....Great Job..

Well said, sorry I couldn't make it, can't wait to ride this new trail, hopefully in next couple of days and will try and do some more trimming.

Well said, sorry I couldn't make it, can't wait to ride this new trail, hopefully in next couple of days and will try and do some more trimming.

dave, do the full length from 1 to 5 to ranger to the fire road. The trail needs some burn in trail definition near the barb wire fence. you will know it when you see it. try and follow the tracks that are already there.

dave, do the full length from 1 to 5 to ranger to the fire road. The trail needs some burn in trail definition near the barb wire fence. you will know it when you see it. try and follow the tracks that are already there.

Will do Brad, I rode that part by the barb wire fence a couple of weeks ago, was rather surprised to see the fence actually.