KTMrad

More on Posting Photos

There will be a limit set on the size of photos allowed to be posted. Also, NON-motorcycle related photos are NOT allowed to be attached to posts.

When you right click on your photo with your mouse, you'll see an option for Properties at the bottom of the window....click on Properties, then you'll see the dimensions of your photo in the next window, so please limit it to 1024 width maximum pixels.

Typical dimensions of a photo for posting are about 1024 x 768 pixels. If you need to use a program to downsize your photos, then please do so.

1. The photo should be downsized so when you open it on the screen, it can be seen withouth having to move your cursor around to view the entire photo.

2. Posting photos with large KB file sizes uses up needed storage space.

PLEASE NOTE, MAXIMUM SIZE IS 1024 X 768 FOR POSTING PHOTOS AS AN ATTACHED IMAGE (HOSTED BY SDAR SERVER)

Important Note:

Any photos larger than 1024 X 768 pixels posted after July 24th, 2009 (date of this new standard), will be deleted in the future.

Thanks,

Photo Posting - Maximum Dimensions in Pixels

When you right click on your photo with your mouse, you'll see an option for Properties at the bottom of the window....click on Properties, then you'll see the dimensions of your photo in the next window, so please limit it to 1024 X 768 maximum pixels.

Typical dimensions of a photo for posting are about 1024 X 768 pixels. If you need to use a program to downsize your photos, then please do so.

With your digital camera, you should've received a disc that has a program for your particular camera, which will let you edit your photos in various ways, including the size of the image. There are also other photo editing programs out there, including Photoshop as one of the major programs.

Important Note:

Any photos larger than 1024 X 768 pixels posted after July 24th, 2009 (date of this new standard), will be deleted in the future.

Does this include photos that are on another website like photobucket as the host?

Just asking because I don't think those take up any space on the SDAR website.

Does this include photos that are on another website like photobucket as the host?

Just asking because I don't think those take up any space on the SDAR website.

No, photos hosted by another site will not be deleted if they're too large, but all photos being posted should still follow proper photo posting guidelines.

For future reference, as proper internet forum etiquette, photos should still be the correct size so you can see the entire photo on the screen without moving the mouse cursor around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another bit of info....with your digital camera, you should've received a disc that has a program for your particular camera, which will let you edit your photos in various ways, including the size of the image. There are also other photo editing programs out there, including Photoshop as one of the major programs.

Thanks for everyone's participation.

Pixel size for posting... at least this is what I've found to apply

640/width by 480/height max for 13" monitors

800/width by 600/height max for 15" monitors

1004/width by 768/height max for 17" monitors

1280/width by 1024/height max for 19" monitors

1600/width by 1200/height max for 21" monitors

however, the "height" max can be bumped up to the width max,

without having to scroll over..

I've always used the 640/ width for most all of my post

or even down to 600/width due to the 2" bar at the left.

because until just recently I've always had a 13" monitor..

so i try to remember the little guys...

and YES" it always bug me to have to scroll over to see a post or pic..

if I have a pic that will just lose its luster by downsizing it to 640'

I use the upload section on actual post that's there for us ,

so we don't have to go to photobucket or image shack..

then when you click on it, it will come up whatever size it is in your file.

hopefully most of us have a 17" monitor due to the 1000 pixel rule set fourth.

It not,... Shut/up n go Ride.

Kaw'ee.

I've noticed that most of the photos I have on my hard drive are anywhere from 1900 to 2600 pixels wide, but all the pics I've posted here are 800 x 606 pixels. I've never done anything to them but upload them to photobucket so it looks like when you use photobucket, it automatically downsizes your pics for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After looking at my photobucket account, I figured it out.

PostingPics-Photobucket-1.jpg

Click on "options" inside the red circle. (I drew in the red circle - it doesn't automatically appear.)

This appears on the next screen.

PostingPics01.jpg

Select the Max size you want. You don't have to use any photo editing software if you use Photobucket.

I suppose the other image hosting websites have something similar.

Yes,SOME, NOT ALL image hosting sites automatically downsize your photos if they are too large.

Smug Mug automatically resizes them.

Photobucket, looks like you have to choose the size you want.

Just a REMINDER on posting photos........everyone should have read this and not post photos larger than sizes listed.

Thanks.

Maximum Standard Size for Posting Photos as ATTACHMENTS using our SDAR server has been upsized.........

Please keep photos a MAXIMUM of 1024 x 768 pixels when posting.

Thanks,

Everyone new on the site, please read the photo posting guidelines as mentioned above.

Everyone on the site needs to follow the guidelines for Maximum Size of photos posted here.

Also, Non-Motorcycle related photos shall NOT be hosted (attached) to the SDAR server. I have seen people who have been on here for years, not following the guidelines lately.

Non-motorcycle related photos and oversized photos will be deleted by Admin and Moderators if they are posted as attachments using the SDAR server.

Thanks for your cooperation !

You must be talking about me :) Sorry, I just barely learned how to put up pics and was wondering why they were so big. I will try and learn. :good:

I assumed it was me, since it came up shortly after I posted pics... I have set up my photobucket account to auto-re-size everything, but it defaults back every once in a while.

And all my computers automatically fit the pic to the page so I never notice when others post large pics either....

If it was me, sorry...

If it was Schwinn- it figures

Please read the original post..........Oversized photos hosted on another site are not the problem.

It is oversized photos attached to your post using the SDAR server, and/or non-motorcycle related photos attached to your post using the SDAR server.

If it's hosted on another site, not a problem !

Please read the original post..........Oversized photos hosted on another site are not the problem.

It is oversized photos attached to your post using the SDAR server, and/or non-motorcycle related photos attached to your post using the SDAR server.

If it's hosted on another site, not a problem !

If people need a place to host photo's, I can always help.

Semantics.

Maybe I can help clarify- the problem is using the "attachment" function. When you "attach" an image to a post, that image has to be "hosted" (stored) on the computer that SDAR runs on. Those attachments take up valuable space.

If you use the rte-image-button.png button from the toolbar immediately above the area where you type a post to place images in your post, the image file is NOT on the SDAR computer- it's somewhere else. That's a good thing.

"hosted by" means you've used the "attachment" function.

That help?