KTMrad

Volunteer Trail Work in Anza Borrego State Park

I hope some SDAR members would like to help out with some volunteer trail maintenance within the Park. I've talked to the person who handles this for Anza Borrego, and suggested that maybe after the Desert Dash we can work on trails, especially if there is any trail damage or affected trails after the event.

Even if we just help with trimming certain trails, it would be nice to show that SDAR cares about the Park and the places we like to ride.

Also, if anyone sees trail bypasses made by motorcycles within the park, feel free to block those bypasses with rocks, brush, logs, etc. so that people don't go off the main established trails.

Thanks !

Count me in on this one.

Last week down to South Carrizo Creek, our crew had a nice conversation with Ranger Don Strampfer. At the time I told him we were up for trail maintenance/ development. Conversation not related to the Dash but trying to develop a positive relationship.

I am always down for maintenance, just need dates to confirm. Maybe make a social camping weekend out of it.

Good news. Supervising Ranger for ABSP decided to waive our damage deposit for the Desert Dash, since we said we'd volunteer to go out to do trail maintenance, especially after the Desert Dash (if any trails require us to go erase bike tracks that go off the trails, etc.).

I look forward to being able to get out there after the Dash, and to help keep the trails in the park in good condition.

We'll be sure to arrange a trail day probably in March, shortly after the DD.

Hey Randy I was thinking of having a display of pictures with what entails trail cutting. The first time I saw examples on the post dash thread it was an eye opener for me. I envisioned riders tearing thru virgin areas and when I saw pictures I was educated. We could put them on display at registration with OK or not OK or something. I didn't know maybe others don't either.

See you at the meeting.

Maybe make a social camping weekend out of it.

...................................biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

would love to help with this.

Bump

Does anyone know of any maintenance/ cleaning that needs some attention in the AB park? It would probably be greatly appreciated and doing it shortly after the Dash would also be good.

Bum, You were with me on the Sweep Team; Though I am sure there are some areas that will need attention, I don't remember an blatant issues like last year.

I will be re-riding the loop with some guys who could not make it real soon. We are planning on taking some tools to fix anything we come across.

I'm glad you bumped this bum. SR, I posted a thread in the MO section in regards to this. When the date is set I will do everything in my power to be there.

I've called the Supervising Ranger twice and have not heard of any issues after the Desert Dash where we would need to do any trail work.

I also called their guy in charge of trail maintenance and he has not called back. It's going to get to warm out there soon to do any work.

We've offered and they have not gotten back to me.

Volunteer work at Corral Canyon is important also.

I've called the Supervising Ranger twice and have not heard of any issues after the Desert Dash where we would need to do any trail work.

I also called their guy in charge of trail maintenance and he has not called back. It's going to get to warm out there soon to do any work.

We've offered and they have not gotten back to me.

Volunteer work at Corral Canyon is important also.

I sure wish they'd open the gate at the top of Mason Valley Truck Trail.