Jim

Moto-mule hitch carrier

Guys,

While coming back from Canada this summer with my bike, I stopped at a shop in Oregon and met Mike from moto-mule.com and saw that he had a hydraulic hitch mounted hauler on his truck with his bike. Was a whole lot better than the crappy Harbor Freight one I had parked next to him. Got to talking, and it turns out he makes them himself. Well, I ended up buying one from him. He also makes a trailer to pull behind your dual-sport bike.

I used to have one of the aluminum haulers and it was always a pain in the ass to load. This is so damn easy and simple to get your bike onto, it isn't even funny. Not only that, but since it is secured with bolts and large wing nuts via the pegs, it is rock solid secure. I strap the front down to keep the front wheel secured, and also put a strap on the front frame to give it some stability if it were to want to tilt to the rear, such as a hard left turn from the truck. Be aware that it is about 60lbs, so it isn't terribly light, but about 15lbs heavier than my aluminum one. But, like I said, this thing is solid!!!

I can't emphasize how easy it is to load and secure a bike with one of these things.

I have no vested interest other than a satisfied customer.

Here are some photos:

IMG0164-L.jpg

IMG0974-L.jpg

IMG0169-L.jpg

IMG0166-L.jpg

IMG0177-L.jpg

IMG0970-L.jpg

IMG0124-L.jpg

IMG0180-L.jpg

IMG0170-L.jpg

Nice set up . Whats up with the Pink housing in the background ? :o

I like it. I almost bought a similar one called a Moto Jack Rack, but decided against it because it was so heavy. Weight aside I still like it. You got a bike hauler that makes a great work stand wherever you are, garage, camp or trailhead. A Joe Hauler type is only good for one thing.

My brother has a similar setup for his bike. It is the ultimate mx hauler and it has a fuel can rack built in it too. They're not cheap though. I think he paid around $450 for it. But it's solid, and if I didn't have a pickup, I'd have one!

http://ultimatemxhauler.com/

There appears to be a few similar designs on the market. The weight is a common complaint.

Is this one made in the states or child labor markets??

Guest Crusty

I have owned a MOTO JACK for 13 years.

I replaced the jack 1 time.

I never thought of it as being heavy.huh.gif

love how it works and how compact it is.

Mine was made in the USA!king.gif

There appears to be a few similar designs on the market. The weight is a common complaint.

Is this one made in the states or child labor markets??

Made by Mike in Oregon! He used to work at CycleBuy which is primarily an online business, but I stopped by their shop on my return trip from Canada this summer, and met him. That is where I saw it on his Suburban with his 'Burg on the back. He is a company of one and is a pretty creative mind when it comes to moto things. He created the trailer that you see on his website also.

He also let me pick the powdercoat colors! Great customer service. He asked me for the measurements from my truck and essentially custom made it for me. I could go on even more, but the bottom line is he is a great guy to work with.

This weighs about 15 lbs more than my Joe Hauler type carrier, so it isn't light, but I love having this thing so much more than the Joe Hauler thing.

Jim,

How is that Xterra working for you?

Dave

Dave,

In general, it has been great. In specific, it sucks. Not enough power, and the suspension really sucks. Mileage sucks at 16 mpg no matter if I'm driving in downtown San Francisco or on I-5. But, we have had it for over eight years and runs great, and the only thing I've ever done to it in 100K miles is one set of tires, oil and filters, and a battery last year. Literally I've done nothing to it, and it has been across (literally Pacific to Atlantic) country and back four times. The 4WD has always worked great and never let us down. Time now to put new tires, brakes, plugs, etc into it. Trying to decide if i should drop the $2000 in stuff it needs or trade it. Nice not having a car payment, and the wife still drives it each day and likes it.