OK, we have our first official trail work day scheduled for next weekend. I hope to see some of you out there to help improve conditions at our Adopt-A-Trail riding area.

Let's plan on being at Bobcat Campground ready to hit the trails at 9 am sharp. We can cut some brush for 3 or 4 hours and then return to Bobcat for some lunch. I'll bring a small barbeque if you want to bring something to BBQ and maybe a side dish. We do this pot luck style. After lunch we ride!

Post up if you can make it. We'll plan another one soon for January too.

Thanks for your support! :thumbsup_anim:

Unfortunately won't be able to make it, will be back in Wales (freezing no doubt).

Rob, bobcat is the upper campground, turn left at 4 corners.

Thanks man safe trip!!! see ya back here on the trail, we need to keep the podium status going!!!

i'll be there.

which trails are you going to be working on first alan?

Bumping this hoping there is more interest.

I was out there yesterday and spent a lot of time surveying the trails (mostly the single track and ATV trails.) All could use a little touch up of brush trimming. Ranger (912) is the one most in need of brush work. Bobcat trail (906) from Corral Campground up to the top is the next one in need of brush trimming also. The top section of Bobcat trail is wide open and doesn't need brush work but we could knock down some of the high and sharp water bars (that look like radical jumps.)

For Saturdays trail work I think we will focus on new trail 912A. I went out and looked at the new reroute section we did last Saturday and found a better way around one small part of it. We should be able to get the rest of it cleared and better marked so we can open it up for use. If we get that done we can work on the section between 901 and 904. Next after that we need to work on Ranger (912.)

I went out and looked at the new reroute section we did last Saturday and found a better way around one small part of it.

I hope it's a detour around that big ol' trials rock at the west end that I saw Ed trying to get his 650 up last weekend. :lol:

I went out and looked at the new reroute section we did last Saturday and found a better way around one small part of it.

I hope it's a detour around that big ol' trials rock at the west end that I saw Ed trying to get his 650 up last weekend. :lol:

Yep, I think that's it.

I should be there, this is the first one I've been able to make. What is the best way to carry loppers and small saw?

Kirk.

I should be there, this is the first one I've been able to make. What is the best way to carry loppers and small saw?

Kirk.

good to see more people showing up. we use strips of velcro that wrap around and stick to itself to secure tools to handlebars. I will try and bring extra.

please bring extra loppers if anyone has more than one pair.

Yes, good to see more folks volunteering to come out.

Yes, I will have a few extra pairs of loppers with me.

As a bonus I've arranged for a total lunar eclipse to be happening while you are loading up and driving out to Corral tomorrow. Enjoy!

I'll be there at 9am or earlier. Many Thanks to Uncle Champ...he's letting me borrow his 230 !

Kirk.

Small backpack works too, and then you can carry extra water in it if needed, or whatever else.

Thank you everyone that helped on this trail. Sorry I couldn't make it earlier to help but I'd like to be the first to say it's a great trail, very fun and a good challenge. If this is the one that is. I'd like to ride it going up tho, when I'm fresh and not alone. Today I was by myself so I didn't want to push it alone. Some pics I took to verify this is the new connector between 1 and 5 and I think the last 2 pics are where the reroute I didn't take cause I didn't see it till the top that Mimi mentioned earlier.

001-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

I saw a lot of fresh trails and trimmings so I believe this is the trail. Correct?

Anyway great job and thanks for the effort. good stuff!

Thank you everyone that helped on this trail.

I saw a lot of fresh trails and trimmings so I believe this is the trail. Correct?

Anyway great job and thanks for the effort. good stuff!

Yes, that is the section of trail that we were working on. Glad you liked it.

Somebody missing an almost brand new work glove? On the rock just behind my bike on the stick(kind of hard to see)

001-4.jpg

You guys did an awesome job, those trails are so much fun. Next time need to take some white spray to mark some of the faded line markers on the rock. Also noticed it was harder to follow coming back up. If it wasn't for the fact that I kinda knew since I had just went down, I mighty missed a few turns on the way back up. Let me know If I can help, the place is a real jewel for us here in San Diego. Totally in love with it now that you can ride stuff without quads or rhinos or people hauling butt. Thanks again, good stuff!

Those trails would be good candidates for 1 way if thats possible. Fine going up when damp and traction but I can see where when it gets dry they could get real tore up trying to go up. Something to think about

Somebody missing an almost brand new work glove? On the rock just behind my bike on the stick(kind of hard to see)

001-4.jpg

You guys did an awesome job, those trails are so much fun. Next time need to take some white spray to mark some of the faded line markers on the rock. Also noticed it was harder to follow coming back up. If it wasn't for the fact that I kinda knew since I had just went down, I mighty missed a few turns on the way back up. Let me know If I can help, the place is a real jewel for us here in San Diego. Totally in love with it now that you can ride stuff without quads or rhinos or people hauling butt. Thanks again, good stuff!

Those trails would be good candidates for 1 way if thats possible. Fine going up when damp and traction but I can see where when it gets dry they could get real tore up trying to go up. Something to think about

I rode the new connector trail yesterday for first time from #1 to #5 (have done the nice #4 to #1 before), great fun but was a touch difficult to find my way a couple of times but more use will clear that up but a bit more tape/paint would be good also but great job to the team. I can see a couple of the gulleys being tough when it gets wet that may need alternatives, especially going from #5 to #1 direction.

But then when I got to trail #5 I was surprised to see ribbon continuing over other side with some tire tracks. So carried on and followed trail for a bit but was not clear and after a bit my 530 boiled so rode back clearing trail a bit on the way. Anyone know where this bit goes to, does it link into Ranger or just back to perimeter road as not shown on latest map I have? Will ride it again next week and try and go full way, when can we have day to help open up this "new" trail?

Oh and work glove is till sitting on rock unclaimed.

I know the gully g out you are talking about. It need rocks or a bridge.

The new unfinished trail will connect to ranger.

Thanks Brad, I found the top end of this new trail today where it connects to Ranger, this will be an awesome trail from #4 across #1 and #5 and then basically all of Ranger when we can get to work on the #1 to Ranger portion.

Rode the new connector trail portion up from #11 to #1 and got a bit messed up and then got to the reroute section and stopped for a breather. Then happened to hear a bike and along comes mctrails, small world to meet up in the middle of nowhere. I do like this new trail, quite challenging especially going up.

Thanks Brad, I found the top end of this new trail today where it connects to Ranger, this will be an awesome trail from #4 across #1 and #5 and then basically all of Ranger when we can get to work on the #1 to Ranger portion.

Rode the new connector trail portion up from #11 to #1 and got a bit messed up and then got to the reroute section and stopped for a breather. Then happened to hear a bike and along comes mctrails, small world to meet up in the middle of nowhere. I do like this new trail, quite challenging especially going up.

cool.

i think another trail day in Feb is in order. how about a big log crossing on a new trail? i vote yes and offer work + $ to make it happen. maybe an optional line with a very large log strategically placed. mctrails what do you think, maybe possible?

cool.

i think another trail day in Feb is in order. how about a big log crossing on a new trail? i vote yes and offer work + $ to make it happen. maybe an optional line with a very large log strategically placed. mctrails what do you think, maybe possible?

A log crossing would be good, I was thinking about this last week when I rode there and and found a nice big piece of tree that had broken off and lying on the ground and was able to clear enough around it to make it OK to ride over. It's by left side of Trail #5 right near the bottom coming down and there are basically 4 lines over it, from right to left its easy, medium/easy, medium then there's a line over the full about 3ft high log that I haven't attempted yet, I could get up onto it fine I think but would just nose dive off back side as not enough skill to carry speed to be able to wheelie/jump off it.

Oh and there's also a nice log to practise on at McCain I found recently from a piece of a big tree that fell and is actually partially blocking the trail, there is a nice line to cross that about 2ft + high log, good practise. Can't describe where it is but sometime we'll meet up and can show you, or if come across a chunk of tree partially blocking the trail stop and have look and you'll see it.