The weather is cooling off so it is a good time to be doing some much need trail trimming at Corral. All of the trails are getting overgrown and need to be trimmed. This post is to see if there is any interest from SDAR members (and anyone else) this month to get out there and do some work on our trails. I am available most of the time (week days and week ends) so let us know when you want to go and we can get going with this. I will post up specific trail work days in separate posts if we get volunteers committed to coming out and helping. Also, I would be up for camping overnight if we get a commitment for consecutive days of trail work.

It usually works something like this: We meet up at one of the campgrounds at Corral at 8 or 9 in the morning, figure out what trail(s) we are going to work and then go out and do some trail work for a few hours until noon or so. After that you can leave or stay for some lunch, and/or go ride (very popular) or go back to trail work (not so popular.) We can provide training/instructions if you've never done this before and want to get involved.

You will need to bring your own tools if you have them. Hand trimmers, loppers and hand saws all work. I have a couple of extra loppers if you want to borrow them. Tools are not required as some folks can move cut brush while others cut. Safety is always the most important thing so we usually suit up in our riding gear and ride out to the areas we will work. Make sure to find a safe way to carry any tools you will be using.

We have another new single track trail at Corral that I will so you if you decide to come out and help. Figured I provide a little incentive...

I am ready to start this weekend.

OK, so lets hear from YOU!

I'm available anytime AFTER this weekend, won't have a bike ready this weekend.

Also, I talked to Ed Stovin, and he'll let me know some time in January, he wants to go out and finish the rest of the connector trail so that the new singletrack will be complete all the way through. Richard is supposed to get some concrete blocks (special type for trails) that need to be installed on one hill.

Always happy to help...possibly bring my kids to help too?....depending on their work schedules....saturdays better for us....can't this weekend, but after that...

Good plan Alan, I can't do this saturday as we have Tecate HS and sunday I probably won't want to see a bike let alone ride then I'm off to UK and get back on 12/18 so after that I'm in.

Rode most of the trails in Corral today in lovely weather, yes I agree most of the single track trails are bit overgrown and could do with some clearing but Ranger is probably the worst although the trail itself is in great condition.

BUMP.

Alan is going out to meet Richard Tull and Ed Stovin this Saturday 12/3/11 morning, 9am at Bobcat Meadows Camground in Corral Canyon.

I MIGHT make it out, if I have a bike to ride...Richard offered to let me ride on of his if he gets his other bike ready. My bikes won't be ready by Saturday.

Looking foreward to cutting in the new single track.

Don't know if they'll actually be working on that part, but they WILL be scoping out that area, and also working on trimming other areas.

Anybody else going to make it out to Bobcat Meadows campground in the morning? :unsure:

Looks like it will be cold and could be wet. I'm still planning to be there whatever it is.

Weather on Google says that it will be clear and gusty with temps in the low 50s out that way. But even if there were sprinkles, it wouldn't ruin a day out at CC. ^_^