Strega

I need a little help, have a moment?

I just finished up the new Seat Concepts website, and I need some folks to just give it a look and let me know if there are any spelling errors, issues, etc.

Also, the website URL was just forwarded to the new host so there may be people that will be directed to the OLD site. (Not cool)

Click here: Seat Concepts

When you go to the site, the link in the address bar should read: http://seatconcepts.com/

If the link says, "seatconcepts.art.officelive.com", you're being redirected to the OLD site, which could mean a few things.

1) Your browser has cache'd the old page and you need to clear your browser cache

or

2) Your ISP hasn't updated it's DNS in a while (that's not cool)

Currently it's only setup to accept payments via PayPal, but Credit Card Processing is in the works, and of course you can email them and send a check if you want to as well.

Thank you for your help in getting the site squared away before it is announced publicly!

Nice... Spelling is not my strong point, but didn't spot anything wrong.

Maybe add in the FAQ section about tall or shaved, lowered options (for us height challanged) :blush:

Nice... Spelling is not my strong point, but didn't spot anything wrong.

Maybe add in the FAQ section about tall or shaved, lowered options (for us height challanged) :blush:

Added to the FAQ, thanks for the idea! (29" inseam here...)

Nice website!

In the "Coming Soon!" section you have "HON Transald", should that be HON Transalp?

Nice job on the site smiley-happy088.gif. I wandered around a bit and counldn't find any errors. I do a lot of online shopping and found the site to be user friendly. Glad to see Seat Concepts has grown big enough to need a website. It's a good product for a good price.

Looks good. Search function works well.

1. DR650 should actually be '96-'12...it's the same seat.

2. "About" Seat Concepts dual-sport / adventure seat-kits incorporate a wider seating area for the rider, which results in a more even weight distribution, while reducing pressure points. Each individual seat model was specially designed to increase comfort without compromising rideability. The more aggressive the bike, the more aggressive our seat kit. Hyphen..no hyphen...?

3. Under "News".....it goes straight to FB. Should there be a FB button instead? Ah...saw it at the bottom.

4. There's a Login button at the bottom of "Contacts". Whazzat for?

5. New wider seat to help keep comfortable on that long commute or dual sport ride. The added width and foam density will help keep the seat from being an item to stop you from going on that ride or enjoying the bike.

6. Under "Installation"...another mention of the "installation instructions and video coming soon" might be good.

7. The Shopping Bag has a picture of a Cart. Should all Add to Bag be changed to Cart?

What....me A Retentive? :king:

TrophyHunter:

1. DR650 should actually be '96-'12...it's the same seat.

FIXED

2. "About" Seat Concepts dual-sport / adventure seat-kits incorporate a wider seating area for the rider, which results in a more even weight distribution, while reducing pressure points. Each individual seat model was specially designed to increase comfort without compromising rideability. The more aggressive the bike, the more aggressive our seat kit. Hyphen..no hyphen...?

FIXED

3. Under "News".....it goes straight to FB. Should there be a FB button instead? Ah...saw it at the bottom.

It just reads from Facebook currently

4. There's a Login button at the bottom of "Contacts". Whazzat for?

Admin use

5. New wider seat to help keep comfortable on that long commute or dual sport ride. The added width and foam density will help keep the seat from being an item to stop you from going on that ride or enjoying the bike.

This is on all products correct?

6. Under "Installation"...another mention of the "installation instructions and video coming soon" might be good.

FIXED

7. The Shopping Bag has a picture of a Cart. Should all Add to Bag be changed to Cart?

Not sure I can change that...

===================================

xr650lnoob:

Don't forget to upload the favicon.

Ahhh, nice find ;)

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it and I know the Seat Concepts guys will as well.

I tried to browse the site but it is not readable from android. Just a heads up.

I tried to browse the site but it is not readable from android. Just a heads up.

It has an iPhone/iPad theme, does that count? :P

It has an iPhone/iPad theme, does that count? :P

If you are into that sort of thing... :)

Work phone, I'm kinda stuck =\

Looks good Roger. I saw some of the things Ken already noted. One line that just sounds funny to me is "The added width and foam density will help keep the seat from being an item to stop you from going on that ride or enjoying the bike."

Maybe its just me but I would reword it.

Nice job! I can see looking farther into this and getting a seat for my XR650L soon. Tired of the "numb butt" disease with the current seat!

Would you mind if I added a link on my site? I haven't got that far yet, but I'd be happy to try and help you, if you are okay with it. PM me if you like; I'm happy to see if I can find a good place to put it.

Work phone, I'm kinda stuck =\

looks good on the PC.

Looks fantastic, Strega.

I'm an editor at heart, I'm afraid; a true wordsmith.

I'm also a fan of Seat Concepts (the R1150GS seat photos will be mine). Spyder is testing it out as we speak.

I didn't go thru the entire site for grammar and punctuation, but saw this on on the BMW F650/800 2008-2011 page: This combined with our proprietary foam creates a seat ready to offer :excl: a enjoyable :excl: ride for the long or short ride ahead.

Sorry; they hate me at work because of this kind of nitpicking.

Kudos.

I just finished up the new Seat Concepts website, and I need some folks to just give it a look and let me know if there are any spelling errors, issues, etc.

Also, the website URL was just forwarded to the new host so there may be people that will be directed to the OLD site. (Not cool)

Click here: Seat Concepts

When you go to the site, the link in the address bar should read: http://seatconcepts.com/

If the link says, "seatconcepts.art.officelive.com", you're being redirected to the OLD site, which could mean a few things.

1) Your browser has cache'd the old page and you need to clear your browser cache

or

2) Your ISP hasn't updated it's DNS in a while (that's not cool)

Currently it's only setup to accept payments via PayPal, but Credit Card Processing is in the works, and of course you can email them and send a check if you want to as well.

Thank you for your help in getting the site squared away before it is announced publicly!

Looks fantastic, Strega.

Sorry; they hate me at work because of this kind of nitpicking.

This is the feedback I'm looking for, thank you :)

That was actually the most tedious fix of all, I had to edit every product individually, hehe. Should be good now!

Nice website!

In the "Coming Soon!" section you have "HON Transald", should that be HON Transalp?

FIXED

Thanks!

OK, more feedback. Where is the info about the materials of the covers? I saw it on some models in the Options buy button, but not all. Also, How about a section on how to care for the seat, clean/maintain?

Bundy's not behind the golf course anymore?

Nice job, Roger - you did a lot of work there. Some of my observations:

- could expand the rationale more to highlight the problem better, compare to what's out there and perhaps 'sell' it more convincingly; maybe label this tab differently, as I typically think of "about" as about the company or the founder, etc, not the product necessarily.

- the feedback poll could use a short blurb to acknowledge why it is being asked and to provide a quick disclaimer that information will not be used to contact you, etc, etc

- why the 'featured products'? doesn't seem to serve a purpose but to distract from how to look up the product you came to the site for. what's the benefit to feature it unless it is being discounted or demonstrates a new approach, fabric, model, etc,

- no '02-'03 EXC listed as a product but I know Lendon does one

- photo gallery is great, but if you could perhaps organize/categorize it a little...?

- seat options do not seem adequately highlighted (fabric options, styles, pros/cons); maybe I missed it

- search box is not obvious (same color as grey button dissuades me from knowing to type in it)

- typo in installation box ("if you want us install........")

- adding installation to cart is not obvious enough - avoid dissatisfaction from customers by making this as automated and/or clear as possible (a separate add to cart may not be the best approach, unless you reverse it and prompt the customer to delete installation for those who don't need it..?)

- 'misc' tab could be reworded to 'other products' or similar to better show that there's more offered for sale...

Seriously - having designed several websites I know how much work this is. No criticisms, only constructive observations from an end-user perspective.

Good stuff!

Sean

I see now where earlier EXC seats are listed in the 'coming soon' section.

Also may want to consider alphabetical list of manufacturers names (slightly more intuitive perhaps, and to avoid any perception of bias).

Sean, thanks for the input. Made some changes based on your observations, thanks for taking the time :)

Some of the other suggestions you mentioned are a work in progress. Photo gallery is a temporary hack at the moment and the 'about' section will be more geared towards the owners like you suggest, I completely agree with you there.

Thanks!

I see now where earlier EXC seats are listed in the 'coming soon' section.

Also may want to consider alphabetical list of manufacturers names (slightly more intuitive perhaps, and to avoid any perception of bias).

Set to alphabetical, also another good catch, thanks again :)

I shudder to think, however, of the volleys of criticism that could be lobbed at my website....!