I am computer challenged right now, so no pictures from me-

After numerous timing issues, location issues etc, I cancelled the Corral ride...a couple of phone calls and we had a small group

One clogged jet later and we had two of us...trophy got a GoPro so he may have some shots, but mine were mostly scenery shots-

The dirt was perfect everywhere- we did all the usual trails, sandwashes and hill climbs- trophy kicked ass on the DR650- did all the difficult climbs without a hiccup- motored up redhill like childs play- cleaned all the rocky climbs and descents to the overlook- in short- we rode around and got lost and acted like jackasses- good fun

I arrived a little before Bob so I wandered down to the border fence,

CIMG1885.jpg

It's still incredible to me that our tax dollars built that huge thing....which based on this pic, will keep folks out. :ph34r:

CIMG1887.jpg

Motored over to the Rock House overlook. There was a tour bus there and a guy from Liverpool, England, came over to talk. He was shocked to find out I was an American and wasn't riding a Harley. Ah, stereotypes. He was a bike guy and currently has a BMW tourer.

CIMG1889.jpg

Bob finishing the top of Stagecoach.

CIMG1892.jpg

Conditions were perfect...no dust and lots of traction.

CIMG1891.jpg

I took a picture of this in case I died there. Straight on shot, no look uphill stuff.

CIMG1895.jpg

King of Jacumba

CIMG1896.jpg

Ken, glad you didn't die there!....I know pics always make even knarly hills look calm, THAT Hill doesn't look so calm even in the picture!...looks like a beautiful day out there...

I was wondering where you ended up riding Bob! Looks like you picked a great place! Nice pics!

That's the great thing about a local club- bill leading a group around lark, spaugh leading a group around coyote, me "leading" a Jacumba ride and I heard a rumor about a ride on a track

In short- 4 great rides with people you can count on to show you the good stuff and bail you out if you need it

Nice to have you join up Michael- we'll ride some day

and I heard a rumor about a ride on a track

Yes, there was a ride on a track. :whistle: Super conditions and plenty of traction.

Great photos Ken.

My wife and I toured Otay Mt. on Sunday. Saw the sunset and rode back in the dark. That water crossing is calling you, Ken. Or maybe it is calling me.

Well, seeing those pics makes me even more sorry we couldn't make this ride. Lucky for us, though, we did get wind of the "track day" option and took full advantage of that - it was alot closer to home and fit within our time constraints. Sounds like it was a great day had by all.

Let us know when you do another Jacumba ride - it looks like my kinda stuff.... OK, I'm already regretting I said that :rolleyes:

*grumble*

looks like fun. happy for you, honest.

*grumble* <_<

no worries Aaron- the views suck out there any way

DSCN8494.jpg

DSCN8486.jpg

the soil conditions were terrible

DSCN8498.jpg

DSCN8484.jpg

DSCN8506.jpg

no fun hills

DSCN8491.jpg

no rock formations

DSCN8489.jpg

no opportunity for fun at all

DSCN8493.jpg

nothing to see here.. move along

DSCN8497.jpg

DSCN8499.jpg

Ken with a new toy

DSCN8500.jpg

DSCN8507.jpg

DSCN8506.jpg

DSCN8504.jpg

DSCN8503.jpg

DSCN8508.jpg

I can place most pictures... but this one has me beat.

Anybody know where it is?

CIMG1895.jpg

Yea it's right between "oh sh-t" and "darn it they made it!".

No really it looks like the south fork of stagecoach trail- which is really a road to a defunct mine -I think.

Yea it's right between "oh sh-t" and "darn it they made it!".

No really it looks like the south fork of stagecoach trail- which is really a road to a defunct mine -I think.

That is more west than stagecoach- a loose climb coming up from the sandwash...speaking for myself, THAT climb was a piece of cake...the other one going up to the overlook seemed to never end

We also did "red hill" trophy motored up on his pig, while I video'd from the bottom...I decided to make a run up from the bottom with no momentum...promptly dug a hole with my trials tire and sat there like a dope...surprised ken didn't get a pic

...surprised ken didn't get a pic

No need. It's on video....if I can ever get time to learn the editing..... Your successful dead start climb is also on video. You'll notice more pics of my by Bob.....cuz he was just plain faster and able to breathe normally when stopped.

And I agree....the pictured hill was okay....but nothing like the continual string of challenges on the way to the lookout. I ordered new forearms from BikeBandit this morning.

th_Stagecoach1.jpg

Stagecoach

Click the pic. Sorry for the clicking sound....loose camera mount....I think.

th_JacumbaRedHill.jpg

Red Hill and general riding.

Good video. My camera made the same clicking sound until I shimmed up the mount with a piece of business card. Bajagineering.

Bill - thx for that. Good trail fix. I found THIS explanation too. I couldn't find anywhere in the instructions what the thing was for....now I know.

That first video took me back to the exact same spot that I stalled the Husky, only it was really dry in July and it was in triple digit temperatures.... <_<