Here are some pics and the 1st video from Bass lake this last weekend. Chris (Crawdaddy), Brian (Hobiee) and Chris (Covered in Dust) drove up to Bass lake Thursday and Chris laid out some awesome single track trails for 3 days of riding.

I think we tired Hobiee out trying to keep up with the old guys (Not!).And don't believe Crawdaddy when he says the trail is easy and it's just a few more miles. He runs you hard all day and puts you away wet at night. And the old fat guy sure can ride that girls bike.

Thanks to Chris for carrying tools so I could change the 1st flat I've had in 20 years (the Kug sticker let me down).

And a special thanks to Brian for saving my life when I fell and the bike was the only thing keeping me from going over the edge on Big Rock trail.

Covered in Dust

post-13540-069800300 1314056873_thumb.jp

post-13540-079883700 1314056882_thumb.jp

post-13540-015795900 1314056891_thumb.jp

post-13540-005468400 1314056898_thumb.jp

post-13540-065145800 1314056903_thumb.jp

post-13540-011510600 1314056908_thumb.jp

post-13540-078168700 1314056911_thumb.jp

post-13540-088230100 1314056916_thumb.jp

post-13540-014760300 1314056924_thumb.jp

post-13540-084916400 1314056932_thumb.jp

post-13540-039235600 1314056966_thumb.jp

post-13540-059502000 1314056974_thumb.jp

post-13540-078262200 1314056980_thumb.jp

post-13540-090070000 1314056985_thumb.jp

post-13540-067134800 1314056991_thumb.jp

post-13540-054748500 1314056996_thumb.jp

post-13540-059142800 1314057001_thumb.jp

Good stuff guys.

Not my neck of the woods but I enjoyed the photos.

Looks Amazing......Thanks for the great pics.....(I was suppose to be there, just bad timing.. :( )

Ok, here's my report.....Chris, Brian and I headed up to Oakhurst on Thursday night and rode over to one of my favorite areas on Friday morning - Whiskey Falls. There's no shortage of single track in that area.....

Adjacent to lush/beautiful meadows....

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Streams......

IMG_1245.jpg

Through (many) trees.....

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

up rock walls......

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

We hung out at Whiskey Falls for a bit and Chris was "encouraged" to step up to the new guy hazing ritual of walking behind the falls.....no big deal....it was hot out and he was game

IMG_1239.jpg

See Brian up top?

IMG_1240.jpg

We reached Jones Store about 3pm......Brian and Chris were cranky by now as these boys wanted lunch long before we rode ~100 miles/7 hours......I had a few more tricks up my sleeve......didn't snap too many pics......here's one in a fern garden along the trail

IMG_1250.jpg

We went down to the Stewards of the Sierra fundraiser/registration on Friday night after dinner at El Cid (good Mexican restaurant in Oakhurst). Dan Yuknavage (D37 GPS Geek) and I held a short/fundamental GPS seminar then broke off separately to answer some individual rider questions.....hopefully we helped a few folks.....

On Sat we rode straight out of our host's property and up into the Miami OHV area.......neither Brian or Chris had ever ridden west of Hwy 41 so I was anxious to show them some of my favorite trails in that area......

Big Rock Trail

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Ask Chris/Brian about the story behind the below pic.....

IMG_1256.jpg

We ate an early lunch at the Triangle store then headed back to Russ's house via another semi secret trail.......no pics (but Chris does have some video of this and other trails......I need to start bringing my go-pro!).......

Rest stop near the end of Sat's ride.....

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

Great tri-tip dinner/raffle put on by the Stewards on Sat night......there was a guest speaker from CORVA (Amy).....I was shocked to hear CORVA only has ~3,500 members.... Good folks/cause.......please consider joining if you're not already a member......

Sunday morning Chris and I headed over Shuteye Peak.....we cut over to Central Camp on a few dirt roads then headed up to the Peak.....unfortunately Chris picked up a nail along the trail but we were on our way after ~20 minutes.....

IMG_1261.jpg

WOW, I'm embarrassed to say this was the first time I rode up Shuteye in the 10+ years I'm been making my annual pilgrimage(s) to Bass Lake......really fun trail near the top with rock steps to hop up and views galore.....about three quarters of the way up you pass by this magnificent wall then bounce up through the rocks/ledges to the summit....

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Chris making his way up through the rocks/steps

IMG_1264.jpg

We soaked in the views and BS'd with the guy in the fire tower for a bit up top

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

Then we jetted back to Russ's and loaded up for the return to San Diego.....too short of a trip......I'll be up again NOT soon enough......I love it up there on the edge of Yosemite......STILL my favorite place to ride in CA.....

Carnage report. The new guy (Covered in Bruises) lost a radiator guard, a kickstand, a rear turn signal,.....and a tad bit of "I never fall" pride......but he still remembers how to change a flat...

The kid broke his skid plate into 4 peices and was a bit worn down by Sunday morning

The WR250R goes.....you know the rest... :coolio:;):D

Looks like truly cool stuff. Maybe I'll get to ride it some day. :good:

I'm bummed to have missed out on it. Another time I guess. :(

Very Nice-

Chris are the trails marked by the Forest Service ?

Chris are the trails marked by the Forest Service ?

Most of'em

Nice RR guys. I am sorry I missed being able to go this year. I recognized some of the areas from the 09 250 but you definitely covered areas I havent been. Looks like it was plenty dusty again. What do you think about a ride a bit later in the year ?

post-13615-078325100 1314076418_thumb.jp

Beautiful pics man !! Super bummed I had to back out at the last min. Covered is lucky you were there. He usually depends of Roger and his rolling 2 wheeled tool box in case of a mechanical issues. Although if Covered crashed and Brian smashed his Skid guard , then Im sure they would be looking for my body over some cliff up there !!

Beautiful pics man !! Super bummed I had to back out at the last min. Covered is lucky you were there. He usually depends of Roger and his rolling 2 wheeled tool box in case of a mechanical issues. Although if Covered crashed and Brian smashed his Skid guard , then Im sure they would be looking for my body over some cliff up there !!

You're coming with us next time :king: .....don't worry, the trails are all easy/short :rolleyes:

IMG_1266.jpg

So Chris, did you do the "steps" up to the stairs??

coolio.gif

So Chris, did you do the "steps" up to the stairs??

coolio.gif

Not on the bike :wacko: ......but that is the way you walk up to the stairs/tower......you just hop up those rocks in the background (right over my front fender)

This is my 3rd year in a row and the first time I saw cows on the trail. Almost nailed one coming around a turn.

We ran into this big boy right before Whiskey Falls. He gets right of way.

post-13609-012443300 1314163544_thumb.jp

Another video, this the bottom of 007 trail.

Covered in Helmet Cam

I kept ducking my head to avoid branches.....while watching the video :blink::lol:

Another video, this the bottom of 007 trail.

Covered in Helmet Cam

I kept ducking my head to avoid branches.....while watching the video :blink::lol:

The manzanita was brutal on my bare arms. I had blood dripping from both forearms after this ride. I might need to rethink my position on body armor.

Covered in Cuts

The manzanita was brutal on my bare arms. I had blood dripping from both forearms after this ride. I might need to rethink my position on body armor.

Covered in Cuts

The first year I went up there (02) I didn't even have Bark Busters on my YZ400 :withstupid::blink::wacko: .....broken levers, beat up/bloody knuckles :axehead: ......I had no idea what I was getting into :crazy: .....body and bike were battered afterwards.....and I've been going back every year since..... ;):D

The YZ400 had Barkbusters when I returned in 03....

BassLakeSingleTrack.jpg

One more single track. I have about 10 more video's but don't want to bore anyone. I'm probably going to edit a bunch of them together and put them on the flat screen in my garage.

Covered in Video

One more single track. I have about 10 more video's but don't want to bore anyone. I'm probably going to edit a bunch of them together and put them on the flat screen in my garage.

Covered in Video

Are you kidding? No way are they boring. For those of us that couldnt make it this year its almost like being there. Thanks for sharing.

More of Shuteye Mountain. This is hopefully the only video you'll ever see of me falling over. I fell more times on this ride than I have in the last few years combined (3 times).

Covered in Rust

Considering you guys rode over 250 miles & that lunar landscape it isnt surprising that you only fell 3Xs. Thanks for sharing the video but could you please fix that clicky, clanking noise ? Covered in clink ? :huh::D