Sign in to follow this  
Marbee40

Visiting in August

All,

I'll be flying JetBlue from Alaska to Long Beach on August 5th. I'll be coming down to San Diego to visit friends/family and heading over to Tempe/Phoenix to get my daughter back into ASU around the 11th. I'll be leaving Long Beach back to Alaska on or about August 15th.

I'm looking for an old beater loaner bike to get from around Long Beach or San Diego out to Tempe and then back to Long Beach or San Diego. If I don't find something, I will rent a car (GAG).

Ideas? Any CHEAP rentals out there? I'd rather ride than drive. I will provide/pay for maintenance, to include fluids/tires if needed. I'd like to stay a few days in San Diego to visit old buddies and do a ride or two. My daughter doesn't fly down from Alaska until the 11th, so I have some time to play. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim in AK

Hi Jim. Welcome back to SDAR.

I can't help you out with the motorcycle for traveling from the coast to Tempe, but I can buy you a beer when you get in town.

Good luck aclimating to AZ after being in AK for 3 years. Hey are you going to visit Bristol? :rolleyes:

Make that two beers. Welcome back, albeit temporary. Hope things are going well for you.

Jim, it's been a long time, good to hear from you. Another beer coming your way, hope to meet when you're here.

Motoquest has bike rentals in Long Beach....

Check out THIS POST