Sign in to follow this  
skincer

How to Remove Seat on Suzuki DR200

I picked up my 2005 DR200 last night and the dealer didn't have an owners manual for it, but said it might be under the seat. They didn't know how to remove the seat. Can somebody clue me in? Also, if the manual isn't under there, what's the best way to go about getting one?

Thanks.

Steve

I picked up my 2005 DR200 last night and the dealer didn't have an owners manual for it, but said it might be under the seat. They didn't know how to remove the seat. Can somebody clue me in? Also, if the manual isn't under there, what's the best way to go about one?

Until someone with the DR200 can post here for you I'd just be searching around for screws, bolts or some kind of latch that looks like it's holding the seat on. If you get the seat off and the owners manual isn't there go back to your salesman or better yet the sales manager at FBC and have them get you one. And don't take no for an answer, that book should be included with the new bike. It's there fault if they lost it.

Good luck and congrats on the new steal

You are going to need more than an owners manual if you intend on working on it yourself. You are going to need a maintenance manual. I would start on E-Bay. Don't get the ones on disk, get a real one. I would PM 2wheels, he is the man to talk to about this bike. As far as getting the seat off, if it is like a DRZ, there should be a bolt on each side of the seat toward the rear. Take those out, lift the seat up a couple of inches and slide it to the rear. Thumpertalk.com has been a great resource for me, you can usually get answers to questions like these in a couple of minutes. Good luck and I look forward to riding with you soon. Ken

To take the seat off, first remove the plastic side covers. They're held in place with one phillips head screw on each side towards the bottom of the plastic panel. The seat is held in place with a hex-head screw on each side. In addition to the screws on each side, there's plastic tongue underneath towards the front of the seat. That plastic tongue slides under a metal bracket and holds the front of the seat down.

Once you take off the hex-head screws, just lift the back of the seat up and slide it to the rear about an inch. The seat is now off.

When you're putting it back on, remember to slip the plastic tongue under the metal bracket before you attach the side screws.

the dealer didn't have an owners manual for it, but said it might be under the seat. They didn't know how to remove the seat. Can somebody clue FBC in?

Fixxed....

Steve,

Do like Honda Pilot says if the the owners manual isnt with the bike. Go in to FBC, see the manager, and request a Maintainance Manual instead. Do not leave until they make it right. :angry:

You are going to need one or the other to adjust your bike. And a properly adjusted bike is a happy bike. :(

Anyways, hope to see you out on/off the road soon.

Spyder